No announcement yet.

No Tresspassing signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We put no tresspassing signs up, along with no firearm signs on all of our gates and got our numbers put on them, incase someone needs access and also put up signs stating we aren't held accountable for anyone on our property. Our game warden has told us that this makes their job easier when having to write tickets to individuals that aren't suppose to be on our property or when oil field workers carry firearms on our place.

Comment

At my camp in NY's Catskill mtns. I have a sign at the top of the trail that leads into my property( a valley). Says...No Trespassing, Private shooting range at bottom of trail. For both our health...turn around. Works. Trail cams show ONLY critters. Not people. Also have a boat load of no good trail cams all over. Deterrents. Neighbor helps patrol land.

Comment

It's been years ago but our neighbor got in a confrontation with a hunter that was trespassing and ended up shooting and killing him. He ended up being found in the right. His gates were painted blue and word got out to stay off his property. We painted our gates blue and haven't had any problems.

Comment

A fence is equal to a no trespassing sign. I don't have any on my property. Luckily never had a problem. But I do have a whole bunch of non working game cameras all over the place as a deterrent. Along with a bunch of working cameras also. Gotta outsmart a thief.

Comment

I put up signs when a subdivision came along one of my fences. I was having an issue with the boundary and my lawyer recommended that I post them and tell them not to trespass. I haven't had any issues since.

It worked so good, they don't even come get their arrows that end up around my livestock.

Comment

When we took over our lease, which happens to border our own property, we painted posts and put up signs. For some reason, none of my neighbors recognized me when I did it and for months the murmur around the area was "who are the new people?"

It was enough to spook them into leaving the property alone. Some found out it was us and word went around to stay out because we already have everyone's respect. They know that we are fair and we will protect the landowner's interest and prosecute anyone we find out there.

The poison ivy has covered many of the posts so I'll be spraying that soon.

Comment

We don't put up signs on our family place either. I think it draws attention to the fact, you may have stuff beyond the fence , worth stealing. People should know that if my fence is up and gate is locked, you are not allowed in.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  I am sure this is true but it is ridiculous

People know where they are supposed to be and where they are not supposed to be
                  Most times yes. At Granger PHL...there are a few cross fences through the PHL and alot of similar dilapidated fences that fence private from PHL. It get confusing and Ive crossed a few times not realizing. Signs and purple paint helps.

Where my major problem lies is when a ROW allows vehicle access to a stream bed and people drive their vehicles onto and through a stream bed and trespass onto (my) property because theyve done it for "15 years"...even with signage posted.

I just had a truck towed from my land...July 2017...the vehicle hadnt been registered since Feb 2016...the last registered owner had commited suicide in Nov 2016...the fled operator used the ROW access...drove through a stream bed of a navigable stream and abandoned the vehicle on my land.
                  Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-17-2017, 09:06 AM. Reason: ROWSpake

Comment

You can argue about common sense or it`s fenced or whatever , but if you don`t have it posted and / or purple paint you will not be able to prosecute the offender(s). Period .

Comment

Originally posted by ldoyle View Post
                      You can argue about common sense or it`s fenced or whatever , but if you don`t have it posted and / or purple paint you will not be able to prosecute the offender(s). Period .
                      Thank you. He gets it.

Comment

I have no trespassing and bad bull signs, 5 strand barb wire fence, German shepherds and I live here. If all this slows down poachers any at all I can't tell it. Sometimes wonder if it's an invitation.

Comment

How many signs do you need? How far apart?

I have 80 acres and have two sides that my border is a county road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X