Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bizzaro Incident? Prayers for the family!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    I don't see anything reported that says the number of police that responded. Just says a swat team and armored vehicle. I think with the report of someone with a gun and a threat made (going off your one article) that the response taken at face value doesn't seem extreme.

Talking hypotheticals here without any more info than the dreamy "news" article we have to go off of.
    Not unlike the situation itself, sometimes common sense has to prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Not unlike the situation itself, sometimes common sense has to prevail.
      There is always more information provided about an incident after the incident is over. Police have to go by the info they have real time. We all get to armchair police later with much more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Swat team was too much. Trained MHU officers would have been better. But the same people on here griping would be in an uproar with this headline:

Girlfriend and Parents call 911....No response.

Police chief says, "We were too busy and short handed".

And now a family is dead....the shooter committed suicide after killing his parents.

TBH: Unbelievable. They got time to write tickets and eat donuts but can't help a family in need? I try to back the blue but it's crap like this that makes it really hard at times. I mean a distraught guy, with a gun, two people calling 911, and they don't respond??????? What the hell do we pay them for? My dad was an officer and have some friends that are officers....but I better stop now before I get banned.
        Yep. Somewhere between no response and calling in the SWAT team would have probably been the best way to handle it. What a sad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Yep. Somewhere between no response and calling in the SWAT team would have probably been the best way to handle it. What a sad deal.
          Agreed.

Comment

This was pretty much a no win situation for the cops from the start, but I do feel sending in swat was excessive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

one of the reasons that cops roll out swat teams and armored vehicles is budgetary. If you can't show that items were utilized the previous year then its hard to ask county commissioners for more money for another armored vehicle. However, if you can go to them and say, "we used vehicle x 20 times last year and at least once two situations overlapped" you have a better shot at getting funds allocated to get more toys, officers or whatever, even if the armored vehicle response was never warranted. The name of the game for every governmental agency, law enforcement included, is spend more money than you did the year before so the powers that be will increase our budget.

Comment

Maybe. But more than likely, this story wouldn't exist had the police not been called.
                That's a heck of a leap there.

I read 3 articles on this story. This one sensationalized the story to an extreme.
                1. Were there too many cops? My opinion, Yes but I'm no cop and no one can honestly answer that.
                2. Would it have "more than likely" turned out different if the cops hadn't shown up? Come on man. You can't honestly think there's any reasonable way to make that assumption.
                3. Distraught boy/girl break-up problems? Sure. Happens all the time. But not always with a loaded pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                  one of the reasons that cops roll out swat teams and armored vehicles is budgetary. If you can't show that items were utilized the previous year then its hard to ask county commissioners for more money for another armored vehicle. However, if you can go to them and say, "we used vehicle x 20 times last year and at least once two situations overlapped" you have a better shot at getting funds allocated to get more toys, officers or whatever, even if the armored vehicle response was never warranted. The name of the game for every governmental agency, law enforcement included, is spend more money than you did the year before so the powers that be will increase our budget.
                  You're right. That's the only reason we send multiple police cars and fire trucks on calls. 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by FIRETX12 View Post
                    That's a heck of a leap there.

I read 3 articles on this story. This one sensationalized the story to an extreme.
                    1. Were there too many cops? My opinion, Yes but I'm no cop and no one can honestly answer that.
                    2. Would it have "more than likely" turned out different if the cops hadn't shown up? Come on man. You can't honestly think there's any reasonable way to make that assumption.
                    3. Distraught boy/girl break-up problems? Sure. Happens all the time. But not always with a loaded pistol.
                    Your #3 contradicts your #2, don't you think?

Comment

Your #3 contradicts your #2, don't you think?
                      How?

My point is people break up and fight all the time. They don't always demand to be left alone with their gun. The girlfriend and the parents both were worried and called PD.
                      Don't put this tragedy on the cops.

Comment

How?

My point is people break up and fight all the time. They don't always demand to be left alone with their gun. The girlfriend and the parents both were worried and called PD.
                        Don't put this tragedy on the cops.
                        Don't overlook the police tactics either.

Comment

I cant believe they pay people to write this garbage. It was a sad situation but no one knows what happened unless you were there.

Comment

You're right. That's the only reason we send multiple police cars and fire trucks on calls. 🙄
                            Thats why I said "one" of the reasons. First word in the first sentence. Comprehension much?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                              Thats why I said "one" of the reasons. First word in the first sentence. Comprehension much?
                              That's what the eye roll was for. It's called sarcasm. Anyone who thinks that in a life a death situation that budget issues come to mind by those responding is, well, NM.
                              "Comprehension much?" I guess not.
                              Oh the irony.

Comment

Seems to me that the swat team was a bit much. But I dont know because i wasnt there.

Comment

Working...
                                X