No announcement yet.

McMullen Ranch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Hunter!! If I can get my place to be just a little like yours, I’ll be excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great deer !!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother told me about this thread and I read all 12 pages this morning. Awesome place with awesome deer. Thanks for taking the time to post all the pictures and info.

Comment

Your program is working nicely great deer. I sure miss hunting outside Tilden going to wheelers and eating at Max’s

Comment

Man, great thread and some serious bucks y'all are growing. Alot of smiles in those pics...awesome work man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

We lost a future superstar a couple of weeks ago to coyotes......He was a stud 3-4 year old this past season that I had high hopes for. Deer are starting to shed but most still have their headgear.
              Attached Files

Comment

My dad was burning pasture and found this shed from last year. He was 6 at the time he grew this one and went down a bit last year at 7 so he was given a pass. Hopefully he makes a nice jump this year at 8!
                Attached Files

Comment

Dang sucks I’m the one y’all lost.

Comment

That 4 year old was a stud, stings to loose any, especially that one. Why we are on the subject, what measures do you implement to battle predators on your grounds? Does the county/state help in any way? Approximately how many animals do you estimate are lost to predators each year off your grounds?

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                      That 4 year old was a stud, stings to loose any, especially that one. Why we are on the subject, what measures do you implement to battle predators on your grounds? Does the county/state help in any way? Approximately how many animals do you estimate are lost to predators each year off your grounds?

Rwc
                      We run conibear traps and snares. We installed predator wire around the base of our high fence. Shoot any we can find during deer season. We had a state trapper out there but it didn't do much good. The bait they were using on their traps were not being hit. I think they are hitting the fawns hard but I don't think we lose too many mature animals to predators annually. We typically have a pretty big survival rate of mature bucks. We typically lose a few each year but on the whole we are able to track deer from year to year fairly easily. Some die, who is to say the cause on 99% of those that disappear. It is a tough life down in the desert!

Comment

Man this sucks Hunter!! Good thing y’all are cranking out monster bucks every year. At this point you just say “if he can’t take it he can’t stay”! I know it hurts I’m just teasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shed season is just about finished! We found at least one side for most of the deer we were looking for. Still a few that we would really like to find!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

That’s Solid!!! Need to bring my horses up there and we go find the other sides!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                                That’s Solid!!! Need to bring my horses up there and we go find the other sides!!!
                                As dry as it is, I bet that would actually work! You might have to bring food for your horse........about the only thing to eat on our ranch is protein these days. SOOOO VERY DRY

Comment

Working...
                                X