Youth Baseball Bat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth Baseball Bat ?

My son played fall of 2016 & this spring. Every start of season the coaches mention Bat rule changes & what's allowed. It's hard to figure out which bat is good to go. My son plans to play this coming fall & I understand Bat rules are changing. He has 2 options to play either via little league or Dixie youth. My understanding for either of these leagues that the Bat must be stamped as 0.5 BBCOR & No more BPF 1.15 are allowed. Either 2&1/4 or 2&5/8" barrel size is allowed & composite or aluminum is allowed. Anyone out there on the up & up with this that can verify I'm correct on these Bat rules? Thanks

Heath is your resident bat expert as he is a manufacturer rep

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Heath is your resident bat expert as he is a manufacturer rep
      Ok. What's his TBH name? May shoot him a PM

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
        Ok. What's his TBH name? May shoot him a PM
        Heath

Comment

I think Little League and Dixie are both having new bat rules effective January 1, 2018. You won't be able to use any of the bats currently produced in those leagues, so be careful spending much money on a new bat at this time. I'm sure Heath can give you a clearer picture of what you need to do.

Comment

the new USA Baseball bat standard goes into effect Sept 1.

All bat manufacturers must be producing bats to the new standard effectively September 1. You MAY still use your older bats through Dec 31 although the new ones will be coming out.

Come Jan 1. every bat in play must have the new bat standard.

so I would possibly wait and buy after the new bats come out.

now to make it worse....I think USSSA is exempt from the new bat standard

here's a good starting point.
            http://web.usabaseball.com/article.j...t_id=141742668
            Last edited by SPUD; 07-13-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Heath
              Okay. Simple enough

Comment

Can pitching machine boys use a 2 5/8” bat? Where do you find a decent bat that doesn’t cost $300? I’m trying to keep him in 27” 16-17oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bowtech- Post in classifieds looking for a youth bat- My kid had about 15 he donated to a Youth Org a few weeks ago or I would have given you a few

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech08 View Post
                    Can pitching machine boys use a 2 5/8” bat? Where do you find a decent bat that doesn’t cost $300? I’m trying to keep him in 27” 16-17oz

About as good as it gets for the money. The Eastons are weighing 2-3 oz heavy.
                    This is what I have been recommending

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
                      About as good as it gets for the money. The Eastons are weighing 2-3 oz heavy.

This is what I have been recommending

https://www.baseballsavings.com/dema...RoCUN4QAvD_BwE

That’s a great option as is the Louisville Slugger Omaha that retails for $100 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        That’s a great option as is the Louisville Slugger Omaha that retails for $100 too.
                        Only thing I heard bad about the Omaha is that the Cap is popping off the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech08 View Post

I ordered my boys bats from just bats.com. Great price and I was really impressed with the fast shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                            I ordered my boys bats from just bats.com. Great price and I was really impressed with the fast shipping.
                            Yes, just bats is great, but they don't have anything in a 27" 16-17oz that meets new USA certification. No one does.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                              Yes, just bats is great, but they don't have anything in a 27" 16-17oz that meets new USA certification. No one does.
                              I dropped a link above where we ordered ours.

Comment

Working...
                              X