Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Slinky's on the feeder legs! No more Coons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may be right Art. I may have to make some changes to keep them from climbing the t-posts

Comment

no more coons huh lmao

Comment

I have two feeders going now with Slinky's on the legs. Unfortunately the hurricane killed my trail cams. There is no sign on the legs or motor to suggest a coon has gotten on it.

Comment

Couldn't you rig a hotwire with a battery around the bottom of the spinner area to zap them?

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
            Couldn't you rig a hotwire with a battery around the bottom of the spinner area to zap them?
            I have the cheap American hunter motor. I added the zapper feature. They are never on my motor.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckBass79 View Post
              Can you prove it does work.
              I put the cheap $1 slinkies on a feeder and they stopped jacking with it. They messed up the slinky trying to climb up it but once fixed they have stayed away.

Comment

Dang that's smart guess I'm going to buy slinkies.

Comment

I just redid a cheap feeder set up
                  Ran the t posts parallel with the legs and wired them tight. For safety mostly.
                  Put short PVC sleeves above that and a no cage. No coons. Period. And keechi creek bottoms have lots of the rascals.
                  However, slinkys seem much more fun

BP

Comment

Big pig would you take a pic of your setup. I bought three slinkys to put on my feeder but my stand legs are square and too big and the slinkys were too tight and we're immobile.

Comment

Coons are working pretty hard on this one. Slinkies were mounted this evening, but not before I removed 2 coons via 20 gauge shotgun.

I will update in a week. I've been having as many as 7 coons around this feeder at once. I hope this knocks them back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-08 19.07.58web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	24510208

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                        Coons are working pretty hard on this one. Slinkies were mounted this evening, but not before I removed 2 coons via 20 gauge shotgun.

I will update in a week. I've been having as many as 7 coons around this feeder at once. I hope this knocks them back.

[ATTACH]871852[/ATTACH]

Looks like a good set up. I hope your camera is on video mode

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Looks like a good set up. I hope your camera is on video mode
                          It's not. I might change in the morning.

Comment

Left feeder w slinky and right one without..
                            Attached Files

Comment

Boom!

Comment

That's not enough proof. We need NASA to confirm you didn't delete the "other" pictures where coons were on the left feeder.

IMO they work. Worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X