Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slinky's on the feeder legs! No more Coons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice prop Art!

Comment

This made my night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Slinkies, spikes, zappin them all just seems so difficult. Maybe im just simple minded, but i rubbed grease all over my feeder legs and havnt had a coon spin the feeder plate since. Although doing that doesnt make for near as an entertaining thread.

Comment

Doesn't the sun dry out the grease so you have to reapply it often?

Comment

Originally posted by floyd80 View Post
            Slinkies, spikes, zappin them all just seems so difficult. Maybe im just simple minded, but i rubbed grease all over my feeder legs and havnt had a coon spin the feeder plate since. Although doing that doesnt make for near as an entertaining thread.
            And I'd get grease on me every time I filled the feeder

Comment

Well my dad didn't have any videos of coons trying it out. But we think the deer like them.
              Attached Files

Comment

Putting a slinky on a feeder leg is not difficult at all. At least my feeder was easy. Depends on what kind you have. If I greased the legs on mine the hogs would rub the heck out of it.
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 08-08-2017, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Actually greasing the legs in the long run is way more difficult/pain then other methods. You eventually end up with grease all over your feeder motor box after the first coons conquer it. You inevitably end up with grease on you when you bump a leg messing with the feeder. Dirt and corn dust get all over the grease so you either have to clean them off and reapply grease to keep the coons from getting to the spinner. Moving that feeder becomes a greasy mess. I would rather let the coons get to the corn then use grease on the legs again.

Comment

I set up a feeder this past weekend with the slinkies. The look on cashiers face in walmart when two grown men are asking for slinkies and walking out with 10 of them was worth it. I will post results this weekend. Picked it up @ local walmart 5pk for $10 "original metal slinky"

Comment

I can't take it anymore....I'm going to go get me some too!! Every time I see this thread up I can't help myself to look through it to look for a video... I'm going to accept the slinky challenge!

I currently use vasoline and it works really well. if you don't use the name brand stuff, don't waste your time. it's not as messy as some of you all might think. I only rub it essentially where abouts the slinkies hang. Deer don't mind it and the coons hate it!!

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                        I set up a feeder this past weekend with the slinkies. The look on cashiers face in walmart when two grown men are asking for slinkies and walking out with 10 of them was worth it. I will post results this weekend. Picked it up @ local walmart 5pk for $10 "original metal slinky"
                        Wow 5 full size for $10 is way cheaper than I can buy them.

Comment

now THAT is priceless!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            Wow 5 full size for $10 is way cheaper than I can buy them.
                            Im not a slinky expert but it does say...jr slinky..still should be enough to experiment with

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                              Im not a slinky expert but it does say...jr slinky..still should be enough to experiment with
                              Oh. You might be disappointed. They are quite a bit shorter and may not do the job.

Comment

Looking for an update. Does anyone have video of the slinky's failing to keep coons off?

I set up another feeder yesterday. I'm going to stop by Walmart and see if they have any left in stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X