No announcement yet.

Baddest dude you will ever see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Soldier! One year for our Veterans Day lunch we had an employee's Father come speak. He was a Vietnam Huey pilot. He started off his speech very solemnly and placed a mangled piece of metal on the podium. He stated that his speech would be about that piece of metal and what it entailed. Holy crap batman! What a speech!

He was part of a 3 flight gunship during the Tet offensive. That piece of metal is what they removed from him after the battle that day. He flew with it most of the day, even re-fueled with it. There was alot more to the story, but just dang!

Our Vietnam Soldiers were/are AWESOME! Crying shame what our country did to them....

Semper Fi.....from an Army guy.

Comment

I was the OP of this thread - (I changed my forum name awhile back)
      Thanks for bringing this thread back up - Roy was one special human.

After I helped him get the gig for the video (it was an MDRT meeting of around 5,000 people) he sent me this personalized picture of him - it is in my office as we speak and one my greatest possessions - may God bless Roy
      Attached Files

Comment

It is amazing the amount of courage and mettle the seemingly most unassuming people can muster in combat and in times of intrepid. Last night we watched "We Were Soldiers", and I cannot imaging anyone living through that and other battles without having being scarred for life. I know some/many are.

Comment

Working...
        X