Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful place! You've done a fantastic job of making it your own.

Comment

Thanks, it’s def a labor of love. Rented a skid steer this week. Going to push some brush and do a lot shredding.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        Thanks, it’s def a labor of love. Rented a skid steer this week. Going to push some brush and do a lot shredding.

In for the skid steer fun! You can get a lot done in a short time with one. Looking forward to the pics.

Comment

Got 2.5” of rain at ranch.
          Food plots are coming in good
          House plot
          Main plot on the 76

Dewberries are starting to ripen

Got skid steer delivered, with the enclosed cab I’ll be able to attack the brush with no fear of the evil poison oak.

Also dropped minis trap in the tank and it’s loaded with little blue gill hoping I still have some bass in there but going to stock it with some more regardless.

Comment

Great job with your new place! Looking good!

Where did you rent the skid steer? I have a place in Eureka and I’ve been thinking about renting one soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
              Great job with your new place! Looking good!

Where did you rent the skid steer? I have a place in Eureka and I’ve been thinking about renting one soon.
              I have an account with sunbelt rentals, they only rent the brush hog shredders but don’t rent the Forrest mulch we heads, at least not in the dfw area. Only place I have found for that is the bobcat dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                I have an account with sunbelt rentals, they only rent the brush hog shredders but don’t rent the Forrest mulch we heads, at least not in the dfw area. Only place I have found for that is the bobcat dealer.

Sunbelt from where? I have my own mulcher. Looking for a “local” with a high flow cab machine.

Comment

This was out of Waco, sunbelt doesn’t have many cabbed machines in their fleet. It took me a while to get one.

Comment

Man, your place is looking great Kactus! Cool addition of the swing by the tank. I need to clean up the area by my creek so we can get down there and fish. Plots are looking good! I planted the same mix from Turner. I planted last weekend and have gotten almost 2" of rain this week. Supposed to be getting another 2" today/tonight.

Comment

I think we are prob near 7"+ since I first planted.......I want it to stop raining for about a month.

Comment

Was at ranch this weekend. Started Friday with some shredding using the skid steer and brush hog.
                        About 2-3hrs in all hydraulics quit. Got out and found I had a hydraulic leak. So I got to walk back to camp since I was on the far north end of my property. Got ahold of sunbelt and they had a tech out the next morn to replace hose.
                        While I was waiting I did a few side jobs.
                        Built a new 12 panel feed pen around my main feeder on the north 76 to keep the pigs out.
                        It was a muddy mess but I managed to get a good bit of brush cleared between Friday and Saturday.
                        I’ll take some pics of the new areas next trip.
                        Found where some deer have been browsing some new growth on poison oak, I knew goats liked it but guess deer like it too.
                        Then to finish off the weekend I got the skid steer buried trying to cross a drainage. (Sorry no pics)
                        Had to go back out Tuesday with some help to get it out.
                        Did have a group of 4 grown doe show up which is encouraging, prob biggest group of just doe I have had at one time at a feeder so I guess they are taking notice of the work I am doing.

I’ve got some young bucks with bumps hanging around also but not seeing anything mature yet.

Comment

Looking great! Deer love that stuff!

Comment

Awesome thread, congrats. I'd get some feeder perch for thew pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              Awesome thread, congrats. I'd get some feeder perch for thew pond.
                              Some feed for the perch??
                              I throw a scoop of floating fish food every time I’m there but will prob get a directional feeder soon to keep it regular. This last summer I was pondering pumping it out and digging it out and bigger. Especially since the fishing had got so bad but now it’s completely full and a good bit of bait fish. Hoping there is still some bass in it also but will prob try to stock some more in it just in case.

Comment

Added a protein feeder to the main pen.
                                Have some bucks getting somewhat regular and growing a little. Nothing big of overly mature yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X