Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    My wife has asked several times if I’m getting rid of the lease and I just laugh
    Mine asks me why we dont just buy something as well.

Comment

Well if I lived out west or my place had the deer numbers there is out west then it would be considered but being that we could hunt all yr and see maybe 1-10 deer all yr then it’s not enough to consider getting rid of a lease.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
        Looking dang good,Jack!
        Thanks! Still hoping you and B can make a road trip up some time.

Comment

Thanks! Still hoping you and B can make a road trip up some time.
          I would really enjoy seeing it. Going make it happen for sure....

Comment

Well if I lived out west or my place had the deer numbers there is out west then it would be considered but being that we could hunt all yr and see maybe 1-10 deer all yr then it’s not enough to consider getting rid of a lease.

Same here I’ve been spoiled on big country and good deer. I just need to talk her into both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Painted the shop floor, parking the equipment in there left a lot of dirt and was hard to keep clean on the broom finish.

Also started shredding my field, gonna try to put in about 5ac food plot then just shred some strips and disk for native growth.

Comment

That looks really good Jack.

Comment

Looking good, man! Can't wait to see how the plot turns out.

Comment

Got the big new plot shredded and have started clearing some lanes. Should be about 8 acres.

Also got my first pic of a turkey. Single hen but good to know some are around.

Comment

Good stuff! Keep the updates and pics coming!

I'm hoping I'll start to see the turkeys at my place. I was told they were around, but I have never seen one.

Comment

Hoping to get out there tomorrow evening to start plowing. Was hoping to spray first but with my limited time I’m just gonna disk now and disk when I plant.

Comment

I got my food plots planted on the new 76 I also plowed strips through the thick cover to make it more accessible. The field was really badly overgrown with Dewberry vines and grass. I planted with a mix of Turner seed Deerspring plot mix in black will sunflower seeds mixed in. The total plot is about 2 acres. Hoping for some rain this weekend but the ground moisture is still really heavy so it should terminate regardless.

Comment

Dang I need an editor

Comment

Also did some hand corn in a couple different area on the back 76 and didn’t take long for critters to find it despite how green it is.

Comment

That plot will pay dividends.

Your place is looking great.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X