Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living the land owner dream in Navarro County!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We spent our first night in cabin last night. Did some night hog hunting. Pigs were there before we got to stand but didn’t see any once there. Was a big boar at camp feeder when we drove back but couldn’t get a shot off.
    Animals are still hammering the plots. I have a decent group of deer pretty regular but all young bucks and doe.

Comment

Oh and just a tiny update but the ranch is getting bigger in a week, about to close on another 76ac next door. Will have 108ac total. Beautiful piece of land but gonna take a lot of work to clear some brush and do some shredding. I’ll get some pics of it soon as we close.

Comment

Good stuff sir

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! Congrats on the expansion!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            Oh and just a tiny update but the ranch is getting bigger in a week, about to close on another 76ac next door. Will have 108ac total. Beautiful piece of land but gonna take a lot of work to clear some brush and do some shredding. I’ll get some pics of it soon as we close.
            Congrats man on the addition. I just read the whole thread and now I am following. You have put your time in and it looks great.

Comment

Congrats on the new additional acres!

Comment

Well I am officially further in debt as of today, closed on the additional 76ac to make a total of 108 ac. A new set of projects will begin, primarily land related. Alot of brush work, dirt work and creek crossings. About 1/3 of the land is an old overgrown field surrounded by big timber so going to start preparing some of it for food plots and my main hunting area. Also going to need to start working on the fencing to get some grazing done until I can buy a few head myself. Gonna be a busy spring/summer but at least this yr I will have a place to stay. Sucks to work in the heat all day then drive home an hour dog tired and dirty. I'll post a few landscape pics once I get back out there this week. Gonna get a feeder or two going soon with some cams to hopefully get some pics of antlers before they drop.

Comment

Excited for you man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing like expanding Big Congrats!

Comment

Nice !

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        Well I am officially further in debt as of today, closed on the additional 76ac to make a total of 108 ac. A new set of projects will begin, primarily land related. Alot of brush work, dirt work and creek crossings. About 1/3 of the land is an old overgrown field surrounded by big timber so going to start preparing some of it for food plots and my main hunting area. Also going to need to start working on the fencing to get some grazing done until I can buy a few head myself. Gonna be a busy spring/summer but at least this yr I will have a place to stay. Sucks to work in the heat all day then drive home an hour dog tired and dirty. I'll post a few landscape pics once I get back out there this week. Gonna get a feeder or two going soon with some cams to hopefully get some pics of antlers before they drop.
                        Congrats, Jack...

Comment

I'm jealous! You've done an amazing job on the getaway. I have been trying to contact my neighbors about buying their place but can't get in touch with them. Let's see pics of those future plots.

Comment

I was actually not looking to add on yet but my neighbor approached me out of the blue last yr about it and it took near a yr to finally get it all worked out on both ends. I wasn’t really ready to do it yet but if I passed the opportunity I’d be kicking myself for many yrs to come.

I’ll try to get some pics some time this week.
                            Last edited by KactusKiller; 02-26-2019, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the new acreage Jack, looks great!

Comment

Congrats, Jack!

Comment

Working...
                                X