BBQ Sauce and Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
    Basically this is how I do mine and they come out great I think. Like smart said you can over cook them make sure you allow time to tighten up.
    Me as well, but ive cut foil time to 1.5 hours max.

Comment

I do the 3,2,1 method as well but without sauce.
      3 hours on the smoker with dry rub,
      2 hours foiled with some honey and brown sugar rubbed one
      1 hour unwrapped to get a good bark

Comment

TC pointed me this direction on one of his threads, do a favor and check out Texas Pepper Jelly. Craig's BBQ sauce cut with pineapple habanero bird bath or peach mango habanero bird bath is my go to on sauced ribs now. Agree with drying out for about 15-30 min then sauce for another 30.

Comment

Originally posted by W-L-F View Post
          after I take my ribs out of foil I also put them back on the pit for about 45 min's to tighten them back up; but I also apply a Pineapple Habanero jelly gives them a little kick and man is it good
          And would you share your pineapple,e Habanero recipe?

And for the rest of you BBQ pros what's your favorite rubs? Or marinades?

Comment

Ribs turned out great, except I used WAAAY too much course kosher salt in my rub

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post

Google texas pepper jelly. The jelly and the rib candy glaze are legit.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post

Rubs you can't go wrong with 2 parts cracked black pepper and 1 part kosher salt.

Or if you want something more than salt and pepper, try the rendezvous dry rub recipe.
                  There's a few copycat recipes for this rub that aren't close to what is really in there. This version is much closer to the seasoning they use at the

I usually leave out the accent.
                  Last edited by BigL; 07-04-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

If y'all havnt tried the salt lick garlic dry rub y'all should give it a shot it's awesome!

Comment

BBQ sauce is a condiment. That's all I got to say about that!

Jason, tell me about that thermometer. I'm in the market.

Comment

Technically I like to have 2.

Maverick ET-732..$49ish on Amazon is the best imo. Let's you monitor you pit temp and meat temp from afar instead of sitting by your pit, watching a lid gauge. I can work in the shop or sit in the AC watching a game or working while monitoring my smoker and the cook.

Thermo pop.$29ish on their home site. Let's you test other areas of the meat besides the dead center. Also let's you check multiple meats like chicken quarters or 3-4 pork butts...or even steaks on a grill. Plus it doubles as a manual probe for checking doneness on brisket or PBs.

Specializing in cool, unique and professional temperature tools. Super-Fast thermocouples, thermistors, infrared thermometers, data logging and more.

Comment

48f....you like your food rare

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            Ribs turned out great, except I used WAAAY too much course kosher salt in my rub
                            You have to be super careful adding anything with salt to ribs, for some reason they take the salt pretty hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Technically I like to have 2.

Maverick ET-732..$49ish on Amazon is the best imo. Let's you monitor you pit temp and meat temp from afar instead of sitting by your pit, watching a lid gauge. I can work in the shop or sit in the AC watching a game or working while monitoring my smoker and the cook.

Thermo pop.$29ish on their home site. Let's you test other areas of the meat besides the dead center. Also let's you check multiple meats like chicken quarters or 3-4 pork butts...or even steaks on a grill. Plus it doubles as a manual probe for checking doneness on brisket or PBs.

http://www.thermoworks.com/ThermoPop
                              I know you did plenty of research, on the Maverick, before you bought it ... just added one to my cart!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                                I know you did plenty of research, on the Maverick, before you bought it ... just added one to my cart!
                                LMAO...what me?...

Good choice! They are a gamechanger. Just make sure you never dunk the probes in water. Especially where the wire meets the probe itself. They recommend you scrape any food product off the probe and wipe down with a damp cloth or clorox wipe. The grate mount it comes with makes a great scraper and it takes 20 seconds. I'm on year 4 or 5 with my original probes so just follow those directions and they'll last for a long time.. Probes are only $12-14 if you do accidentally dunk or ruin one.

Comment

Working...
                                X