Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dream Continues! Project 2! Pic Heavy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your beans look good.

Rwc

Comment

Looking real nice!

Comment

The boys are starting to develop enough to see who I might be looking this fall! Trophy Rock on a tree post still seems to be a favorite
        Attached Files

Comment

They are looking good.. those are much further along then those on my place. Keep us posted on the target buck

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have two mineral rock locations within a 250-350 yard radius of my 1000 lb protein feeder. One is located NE and the other is located SW of the feeder. Between the two rock sites and the protein feeder I have three different groups of bucks that frequent them on a routine basis. Despite the relative close proximity of the sites, the groups stay loyal to only one of the three locations never breaking routine to visit another. Observing their behavior and habits has always and will continue to fascinate me! Just one more reason to add to the list of many of why we continue to chase this magnificent animal
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
              They are looking good.. those are much further along then those on my place. Keep us posted on the target buck

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              Thanks John! Looking forward to how they finish out and then the ranking will begin Even on my place the antler development is not uniform across board leaving the the main target to be determined

Comment

Starting them out young
                Attached Files

Comment

That's it, I am going to have to give the old rock on a stump trick soon. Keep us posted on the antler development of your bucks.

Hope all in your clan are well.
                  Rwc

Comment

How are you attaching the rock to the stump? Or are you just resting it there?

Comment

The bucks are looking very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                        That's it, I am going to have to give the old rock on a stump trick soon. Keep us posted on the antler development of your bucks.

Hope all in your clan are well.
                        Rwc
                        Things couldn't be better for my crew Richard! Hope yours is the same I am looking forward to seeing how it works out for you! Keep us posted

Originally posted by gander View Post
                        I either use wood screws, 6, or roofing nails, 6, and then cut the appropriate length of bailing wire to secure it to the top of the stump. I usually have to tighten down the wire about every 2-3 weeks as it wears down

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                        The bucks are looking very nice!
                        Thanks! Looking forward to seeing how yours are progressing

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                          The pics are when I first gave this technique a shot in 2017. The shots should give you a better visual on how it is secured to the stump. For the record, this tree was not cut short enough. I have found that waist height is best
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Jay, I just tried your trophy rock on a cedar trick this weekend, hopefully get results like yours

Comment

Originally posted by DZM View Post
                              Looking good Jay, I just tried your trophy rock on a cedar trick this weekend, hopefully get results like yours
                              Excited to see the results!

Comment

After the application of Gly the soybeans are still doing well, just need the rain to not completely disappear
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X