X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go during Labor Day weekend [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been to 2 bachelor parties a wedding and a birthday party there. Never had a bad experience. Food and atmosphere are great if you love the night life just be aware of your surroundings and don't walk by yourself. It sucks it's like that there because it's a fun city with lots to do and see historically.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
        Go during Labor Day weekend [emoji12]

Totally made this mistake a few years ago. Talk about not being able to "unsee" things.

Comment

LOL! It was ghetto in the 70's but I loved going there to party.

The last time I went it wasn't the same and while I love the food I can get just as good elsewhere so I've probably made my last trip to The Big Easy.

But everyone needs to go at least once.

Comment

i love to stroll by the confederate statues and reflect on our nations history.

Comment

Grab a burger at Port of Call. Thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
                i love to stroll by the confederate statues and reflect on our nations history.
                Better make that statement in the past tense! Haha, I won't be going back ever again unless forced to.

Jake

Comment

I met my wife in New Orleans. I asked her to marry me in New Orleans... Don't ask me how that happens!!

Comment

I lived down there 28 years ago. My daughter and her boyfriend's family are headed down there tomorrow. I wasn't real thrilled, but they will be staying in La Place, north of 61 so at least from that standpoint they should be fine. I told her that you can go from mansions to ghettos in the blink of an eye, so they need to make sure they know where they are going. Staying with the usual tourist traps should be relatively safe. I really don't know what the attraction is but I lived there for seven years.

Comment

If you like beggars, go ! That place is a porta potty.

Comment

Wife's family is all from New Orleans. I've been there at least 15 times.

Food:
                        -Breakfast - Camellia Grill. Breakfast po-boy with crystal hot sauce on it will make you happy. Go to the original if you can (the one actually in the quarter is great too though).
                        or
                        -Court of Two Sisters for Jazz Brunch. All you can eat. Come hungry. A little pricey. Awesome to eat outside.
                        -Lunch - Port o'Call - order a burger and a tater. Also get a Neptune's Monsoon. Best deal on on alch in all of NOLA. You and another can share it and it will get y'all right. Kicks like a mule.
                        -Dinner - Commander's Palace or Galatoire's if you wanna go all out on $$.
                        or
                        I would go to Felix's for char-broiled oysters. Don't go to Acme unless you want to be a tourist. Go to Felix's. There is a reason the unassuming restaurant has just a big a line as the tourist one. But hey its your trip so go to whichever one!
                        -Going out - If you are doing Bourbon, go to Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar. It is a bit of a walk but that gets you away from the idiots. The atmospheres at Lafitte's is fantastic. Frenchman Street or Garden District are preferred.

Its a fantastic city to visit IMO. Don't know if I could live there though.....That city is in a bad spot and only the residents can drag themselves out. Have fun, but keep your head about you unless you are with a bunch of buddies and in that case watch your mouth around families. Especially the ones that are dumb enough to bring their kids on Bourbon Street during ANY time of day. They're clueless.

Comment

I took the family (kids 13 and 18) in March for sprin break, happened to be St Patricks day weekend.

We had a great time.

Stayed at the Marriott on Canal, ate very well at The Ruby Slipper, Acme, Huck Fins, The Palace and a few others.

Enjoyed the big red bus that drove us around town for a couple hours, the tour guide was very knowledgeable and he sat down beside me and the kids a couple times to talk about stuff he didn't want to talk about over the microphone. There are a lot of stories like that in NO.

We also enjoyed the ghost tour that took us to 6-8 stops after dark, it was as much history as anything.

Yes it's dirty, Bourbon Street isn't for kids (even though we walked about three blocks about 4pm with our kids) and it has a higher probabability of being unsafe than many other cities. However, like most places, it is what you make of it and you can find exactly what you are looking for in that town. Want a history tour or good food? It's there, just down the street from all the things most of us are looking to avoid.

There is a ton of history in that town, I think its very interesting and it has a ton of character.

Comment

This is the crap that happens all the time in New Orleans. I worry every time we have friends wanting to go down town to see the sites. These thugs need a bullet between their eyes!! Happened so quick there was no time to react and if you had a gun it would have been stolen as well and maybe used against you. Always be aware of your surroundings!!!

Comment

It's not what it used to be it's a total shot hole. Probably gonna get robbed so I would just stay home.

Comment

Good food, good music, good drinks. Total dump. And be prepared for......I bet I know where you got your shoes

Comment

Working...
                                X