New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mambajeep View Post
    Good food, good music, good drinks. Total dump. And be prepared for......I bet I know where you got your shoes
    Pretty much sums up the whole experience. But you have to go at-least once.

Go to Nashville next time it's the same only cleaner

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the info. My wife just read all the comments and said I'm going into the French quarter by myself!!

Y'all did good! My plan worked. Drinks on me!

Comment

From the trolleys can we see most of the French quarter or will be jumping from trolley to trolley? I was planning on exiting i10 at canal st and take a trolley. Is the parking safe? And will trolley take us by the restaurant y'all listed?

Comment

Don't go looking for any Civil War Monuments.

The New Orleans City Council had declared the city's four Confederate monuments a public nuisance.

So Sad

Comment

Just got back Wednesday. Had a great time. I'm definitely not into the bar scene and drunks so my wife and I went and had coffee and beignets on Sunday morning at Cafe du Mondé and they were fan freaking tastic. Walked around Jackson square, walked along Bourbon street and stopped in and had a drink.

Are tons of great food (Mothers, K-Paul's, Gumbo Shop, Dragos, Jacques-mos.....

Met some interesting people, had NO issues whatsoever.

I hate big crowds, can't stand to be around drunks and I still had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mambajeep View Post
              Good food, good music, good drinks. Total dump. And be prepared for......I bet I know where you got your shoes

Heard one guy say something about shoes.......what does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Just answer "the shoe store" and you're good

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
                  From the trolleys can we see most of the French quarter or will be jumping from trolley to trolley? I was planning on exiting i10 at canal st and take a trolley. Is the parking safe? And will trolley take us by the restaurant y'all listed?
                  Trolleys are good, the big red bus is worth the $, and once you are in the Quarter you can walk pretty easy to just about everything. It was an easy walk from the Marriott on Canal to Café Du Mode wich is pretty much opposite ends of the Quarter.

Also, if you get a chance the neighborhood south of the French quarter is pretty cool. The big red bus will take you right through it, and you can hop off to eat and look around and hop back on the bus at will. Looked like a lot of good restraunts and shops

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Street hustler will tell you "Yo got yo shoes on yo feet on Bourbon Street! " and then tell you to pay him.

Port of Call kinda smells like a bad catbox.

Usually have a big festival in the city every July 4th.
                    Last edited by BigYoung; 06-30-2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

I don't remember the name but there is a coin and arms shop in the French Quarter. All kinds of old guns and swords. They had a blunderbluss last time I went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went about 15 years ago.....first and last time. I ain't lost nothing there. Don't understand the attraction.

Comment

I've been lots of times. Parts I really enjoy (WWII Meseum is fantastic, the Zoo and the Aquarium for the kids), the food is amazing, and there is no shortage of alcohol. But, the older I get, the less I Lake to stay out in New Orleans past about 10:00pm. Be aware of your surroundings.

Coop's Place just off of Jackson Square is a local place, really good food

Comment

My wife and I just got back. We had a good time. And yes I had a dude try to bet me that he knew where I got my shoes. I wouldn't go and not be packing. This was my first and probably last time to visit.

Comment

I was there almost a year ago for a few days.

The place is a dump.

Comment

I love the place. Actually looking at buying a house in the Quarter that we'll rent out when we're not there. If an old guy like me and my wife can handle it on New Years Eve weekend then anyone can. Just stay aware. Don't stay out when it starts to clear out.

Best Po-Boys in the world no contest. http://www.domilisespoboys.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X