Make money off baseball parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make money off baseball parents

For those if you that are all into baseball with your kids what do ya'll spend most of your money on?

I have two guys that work for me and another friend that all figured they have spent about $80k a piece over the last 13yrs for their kids to play ball. They are all into the select/traveling stuff and one of the guys boys got a juco scholarship that's worth about $8k.

They told me that that's what it costs to now for the boys to play on"good" teams and I'm thinking with that many kids playing ball there has to be a way to cash in on that if you have some capital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 175gr7.62; 06-28-2017, 06:39 PM.

I'm telling my kid to stick to fishing! If he gets his athletic ability from me and his momma he doesn't stand a chance at ball!!!

Comment

I do every day!

2 for 3 and it's the best bat on the market, 0 for 3 the bat sucks. [emoji23]

Comment

EVERY parent thinks their kid is better than they are. Lol

Comment

Start a team. Non profit. You can still pay yourself as employee.

Comment

Is there not Dixie ball anymore? We used to pay $30/yr for our boy to play baseball. $80k...I could send him to A&M twice and not need a scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              Is there not Dixie ball anymore? We used to pay $30/yr for our boy to play baseball. $80k...I could send him to A&M twice and not need a scholarship.

Duh

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                I'm telling my kid to stick to fishing! If he gets his athletic ability from me and his momma he doesn't stand a chance at ball!!!

Fishing is a love that I got from my dad that has cost me a small fortune over the years!

Comment

I have friend that spends about 20-25k a yr for her son to play select baseball
                  Last edited by BrandonA; 06-28-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I started painting laces on white keds to sell to baseball moms

Comment

I have been coaching select ball for a few years now and can tell you it's not cheap. There are some select teams out there that only charge tournament fees so they pay way less money. The bigger organizations is where it get pretty expensive monthly facility fees and coaching fees can add up plus tournament and traveling fees a normal team will spend anywhere from $1500-$3500 a year.

Comment

Most of the baseball parents on my Facebook feed voluntarily sign their kids up for All-Stars/Select/Travel team and then stick their hand out expecting me to pay for it. Never made much sense to me.

Comment

Buy a Kona ice truck and hit the biggest hottest tournaments.

Comment

On a more serious note: if your kid is good enough and plays baseball in Texas, they will find him.

Comment

Originally posted by ramball36 View Post
                              on a more serious note: If your kid is good enough and plays baseball in texas, they will find him.
                              x1,000,000

Comment

Working...
                              X