Alaska Black Bear Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
    Thank you for posting this! This sow and cubs came in on Friday night at 2-3 yards. While it doesn't get dark here this time of year, every bush and stump appeared to be her and her cubs when I walked out at 2am.
    So can you hunt 24 hours a day?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      So can you hunt 24 hours a day?
      Yes as long as you can see.

Comment

That sow grizz was a big ol' bear!! It for sure would not be a good thing to wind up between her and her cubs! It likely wouldn't end well!

Comment

When I hunted with Tim up there several years back, we sat on the ground & this is what came in after we left:
          (Makes that 55 gallon drum look tiny)

Comment

Nice black ! I'm pretty sure my teeth woulda been chattering like a machine gun if I were sitting in that stand.......

Comment

Nice! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
                Yes as long as you can see.
                Wow! That's like every east TX outlaw hunters dream come true.

Probably also a dream come true for many of us though.

Comment

She was steadily looking for you. Surprised she never looked up.

Comment

Originally posted by poisonivie View Post
                    She was steadily looking for you. Surprised she never looked up.

That's what I was thinking!

Comment

Not sure if she smelled me, or the black bears that had come in earlier. But she definitely didn't like something.

Comment

Congrats! Cool close encounter.

Comment

Nice bear and awesome video of the sow and cubs. That's gotta be a rush being 3 yards from instant death....even though grizzlies can't climb like a black bear, I'd still be nervous as all get out.

Comment

That is awesome, Congrats!

I'd imagine your head was on a swivel walking out of there after seeing momma and the cubs! An entirely different kind of hunt there! Most people that just deer hunt don't realize the adrenalin rush from bear hunting! It's a little different when the totem pole of the food chain switches around.

Comment

Congrats on the bear and thanks for sharing the video

Comment

First congratulations on the bear, Second, that video was down right Awesome. ThankYou for sharing that, do you think they smelled you? Was it a little frightening to have them under you or did you feel safe? Awesome experience, again thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X