Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Fishing Overhead Lights For Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
    3" Berkley gulp minnow grub in white rigged tandem.
    I saw those, almost grabbed a couple packs. I think that set up will murder them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We are heading to Louisiana today, let me know if you can't find the Sparkle Beetles and I'll pick some up over there.

Edit: Ok, am I crazy or is The Sparkle Beetle the same thing as a Beetle Spin, just in better coastal colors?
      Last edited by Sackett; 06-07-2018, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Good luck Johnny!! I'm waitin' on those LDFP's now!! On a 2 hook drop I usually start out with 2 colors to see what they want. My favorite starting combo is that avocado/red glitter and clear/red glitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          We always have good luck with the 2.5" litl fishie swim bait in pearl or killer shad. And we fished it weightless or as close to weightless as possible. You can fish it slow and keep it in the light longer than may baits since it has some resistance. They would crush it as it passed through the underwater green lights in my Dad and neighbor's canals. An added bonus is they were tough and lasted.

My go to bait. I would always have luck with tandem rigged pearl white and chartreuse. I've also had lots of luck with a Swim'n Image

Comment

I got some glass minnow imitations from the fly section of Roys bait n tackle down here. They are pretty sturdy rubber and should be castable with a light spinning rig. I use them on my fly rod under the lights down in Mansfield.

Comment

Silver spoon

Comment

hooked on these since the 90's....http://www.cremelure.com/store/store...?Product_ID=50

Comment

Speck rig

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X