No announcement yet.

Fishing Overhead Lights For Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MirroMinnow like jettech17 said. Also a pearl, Arkansas shiner or baitfish color fluke/fluke jr.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
      PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET THESE before July 7th....??
      Are you loaded up with lures yet? The thread from a couple of years back at the Judge's was great.

Speckline Speck & Redfish Rigs These two fishing lures are pre-rigged to simulate one chasing the other. The only difference is in size as the Speck Rig is 1/8 oz. and the Redfish Rig is 1/4 oz. These lures have pioneered trout fishing tackle as a fishing tandem and will land you bites consistently!   The number on

These or the soft version will catch fish.

Stop at a fish market on the way in for a bag of fish heads and drop 2 or 3 crab traps in when you get there.

Comment

I have so many choices and trying to order from just a few places.. Gives me a good challenge today to get accomplished. Thanks for all the suggestions.....

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
          Yup the bodies are weak but they just plain work for our area and the packs are cheap. They get torn off hooks and shredded pretty easy I just keep a replacement pack of bodies in my pocket usually change out as needed sometimes one will just destroy it sometime 10 trout later never know.

Someone said the hooks bend and that's true as well I've caught all weekend on the same rig with trout ranging from dinks to low 20s and a few reds with no issues then I've straightened hooks after a few after only a few. We usually use them until they get bent then tie our own on. I want to try a few posted here as well we always use these and sometimes the tandem shrimp rigs in glow as well. If the fish are there we catch a limit pretty quick. Unless weather trash we usually do great in summer we're lucky to have a great spot the kids and their friends who have never caught high action numbers of fish always want to go back

I can say I've never caught a monster trout on these but plenty 18-22 and the occasional 24 I've never caught any huge ones under the lights

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          I had the same issues with the hooks but the baits work so well I use them all the time. I use this head now and they will handle most any fish. They are small enough for 2" and work well with 3" too.

H&H Tout Jig Heads Sizes 1/8 oz - 3/4 oz Shrimp Body Heads
          Attached Files

Comment

TTT for those looking for stuff to throw in the lights over the summer.

Comment

I've had a lot of success with these...
              Attached Files

Comment

...a good old thread to bring back up...
                What amazes me is that few people ever use sparkle beetles on this side of the Sabine... I was turned onto them by an old guy we used to fly out to the Chandeleur's and fish from his plane. ol' Steve would always say, "Well if nothing else works, you can jus' rig up a double drop sparkle beetle under a popping cork or cigar cork an you'll catch fish good 'nuff to fill up the "coola' box"! I've been using them for over 30 years, and by George they still work today just like they did 30 years ago... Like someone posted, clear with red flake (and a red dot on the head end), avocado with red flake, and black/chartreuse tails are hard to beat...

Last year's Chandeleur trip, second morning I started with that set up and caught 5 trout in the first 3 casts... Shark cut me off on the next cast... had 2 more nice trout almost to my hand when he got 'em... After I went back to the boat and changed my drawers... I rigged up with a single DSL Texas roach... I didn't want to limit out so quick... so quit using that cork and any double drops... This was in broad daylight, and they work even better under lights!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bay Houst.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	24542338

yes.. The one pictured. 19MRS I buy them 10 at a time this time of year. they are normally good for one night.

Comment

Johnny: You doing San Luis Pass area again? We are in August

Comment

Well I'm sold on the clear sparkle beetle. I'm going to Academy in a bit and will load up. I'm thinking a 1/32 oz jig head tandem style under a clear cork/bobber will be criminal, at least I hope!

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                      Johnny: You doing San Luis Pass area again? We are in August
                      Going in a couple weeks on the West End of G-Town. Can't wait to get down t here.

Comment

Well good luck with 'em Johnny. They are harder to find on this side o the Sabine... If you can't find 'em, let me know and I'll meet up with you somewhere and give you enough to try and see how they work... If you can find those clear torpedo style corks (like the old Mansfield Mauler set up) with the wire/beads, they work real good. that clicking sound they make seems to help too.

Comment

Are y’all renting a place for the night?

Any info y’all could pass along?

Comment

3" Berkley gulp minnow grub in white rigged tandem.

Comment

We need a tbh night light fishing trip!

Used to hit seawolf after work all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Well good luck with 'em Johnny. They are harder to find on this side o the Sabine... If you can't find 'em, let me know and I'll meet up with you somewhere and give you enough to try and see how they work... If you can find those clear torpedo style corks (like the old Mansfield Mauler set up) with the wire/beads, they work real good. that clicking sound they make seems to help too.
                                Academy in Conroe actually had 2 pks left of the 3 inchers in clear glitter so I snatched them up. I would like them a little smaller so just found 2 1/4 inchers on H&H's website and gonna order around 5 packs or so. Looks like I'm good to go with them and appreciate the offer.

Everytime I fish for trout in the lights, they are gorging on glass minnows. When I fillet my trout, they are full of em. I found these at Academy yesterday...perfect glass minnow imitation. Gonna rig them up tandem style under a popping cork.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X