No announcement yet.

Netflix: "The Keepers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up Catholic. My dad is ninety and i'm pretty sure he thinks my now baptist arse is doomed to burn in hell forever. Which maybe it is, but not because of the religion i choose to follow. At any rate, the Catholic church has a history of "issues". I don't believe for one second that these issues are peculiar to the Baltimore diocese. This may be an extreme case, but cover ups of one kind or another have been going on, and still go on, in that organization. And why not? It's a perfect system to harbor pedophiles, and other miscreants. I referenced this book in an earlier post, but check out the "Nuns of Sant Ambrosio". A sordid tale of a church in Italy from awhile back. This saga effected the course of the modern history of the Catholic church. Very sordid stuff.

The Baltimore police department? Wow. At a minimum, ineptitude of the highest order. More likely corruption at a high, if not the highest, level. The Baltimore prosecutors office? The word "stupid" comes to mind. A murder that was not even investigated? Jeez.

What a sick tale.

All that being true, I reckon there are a lot of good priests, bishops, police and prosecutors in Baltimore. THIS specific case just makes it hard to recognize them. Messed up saga.

Comment

It's not just in the United States...

Digital newsstand featuring 7000+ of the world’s most popular newspapers & magazines. Enjoy unlimited reading on up to 5 devices with 7-day free trial.

Comment

In

Comment

MY gf finished it without me so someone tell me who killed sister Cathy? Or do they still not know

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
            MY gf finished it without me so someone tell me who killed sister Cathy? Or do they still not know
            No resolution. Plenty of folks to point fingers at.

Comment

unbelievable documentary. Exceptional directing and gum show work by the two gals. Jean/Jane Doe is an incredible woman. Wish they could have found closure. Wondering if Brother Bob was Billy or Skippy.

Comment

Working...
              X