Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Connor has nowhere near faced the level of ELITE TALENT that Floyd has
    Connor has fought mainly guys from your local 24 Fitness, Cross-Fit or Grazie-Barra gym

Floyd has beat the "best of the best"
    Pacqiao
    Shane Mosely
    Manfreddy
    De La Hoya
    Diego Corrales
    Castillo
    Gatti
    Zab Judah
    Sharmbay Mitchell
    Hatton
    Marquez

Cmon.
    If you watch boxing you know these guys are all TOP NOTCH
    And Floyd HAS NEVER LOST

Not anti-McGregor (even though I don't like MMA)
    I'm simply looking at the facts.
    And facts are if The Texans were to play UH there'd be little competition

We are not talking Pacquiao here.
    We're talking about a guy who faces mediocre talent at best and is being asked to fight in a realm that he doesn't fight in often (if at all)
    Mayweather is good, no doubt. However, he has never faced an elite mma striker. Conor is a master of distance and is extremely skilled in stand up. If mma rules applied, conor would destroy him in round one. So, why does conor not get a little love with just his stand up? Mma fighters are far more skilled at the elite level than your boxing journeyman. Conor's first interest was boxing. He would have been a champion in that sport as well. He is a lion hearted beast who loves to fight. You can't train heart. Will he win, I don't know, but I doubt he looks like punching bag head rousey.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      he knocked out hatten. luckycharms couldn't hold hattens jock.
      hes fought and absorbed everything canelo threw. Luckycharms doesn't hit anywhere close to as hard as canelo.
      the very best of the best couldn't touch mayweather..and when they got lucky with one punch..he still withstood it and went on to beat them handily. (and the lucky punches are harder than anything lucky charms will have with 10oz gloves...)
      Pacman couldn't cut off the ring ...no ****in way luckycharms will be able to.

this is a exhibition match..nothing more than a clinic for Mayweather.
      its a payday and retirement party for luckycharms.
      its another chance at another PPV record for Mayweather...
      its a final payday for Dana White as well, for this particular cash cow.

be glad when its over.. maybe dana white will retire and mma can get back to being about the fights that make sense, be about the fighters earning fights, over what the ppv brings..
      Everybody knocked out glass jaw hatten.

Last edited by Speedgoat; 06-15-2017, 05:00 PM.

Comment

You all are comparing an elite bass fisherman to a elite fly fisherman

They both fish
        But two Totally different techniques
        But both have the same goal

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
          Mayweather is good, no doubt. However, he has never faced an elite mma striker. Conor is a master of distance and is extremely skilled in stand up. If mma rules applied, conor would destroy him in round one. So, why does conor not get a little love with just his stand up? Mma fighters are far more skilled at the elite level than your boxing journeyman. Conor's first interest was boxing. He would have been a champion in that sport as well. He is a lion hearted beast who loves to fight. You can't train heart. Will he win, I don't know, but I doubt he looks like punching bag head rousey.

I'll give Conor plenty of love with his stand up...against any MMA fighter in any of the organizations. The guy is entertaining, I love watching him fight. He's not a professional boxer and the guy he's fighting has continually beat down every great boxer he has gone up against. 49-0. I have no doubt McGregor could've been a boxing contender had he stuck strictly with it. You don't go from the MMA game and instantly into the boxing ring with arguably one of the greatest boxers to step in the ring in a straight boxing match. The guy is going to brawl there is no doubt about. He is one tough SOB but it's going to be real lopsided on the scorecard.

It would be the equivalent of Mayweather jumping into an MMA fight with McGregor. That would be biggest beating of Mayweather's life and the worst two minutes of getting crushed until near unconsciousness.

It's two different games all together, otherwise they'd all be interchangeable.

Comment

Check Connors ppv numbers then check Floyd's ppl numbers.

You're talking Little League vs The Astros here
            So you are saying they are similar?....

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post

Boxing journeyman????
              JOURNEYMAN!??!?
              Why are you even in here when it is obvious you don't know much about boxing if you're mentioning boxing "joyrneyman" when talking about Floyd's opponents

He whipped PACQUIAO
              He stopped de la hota
              I'm not going to list his fights again

Yes now he dances and wins on "points" rather than KOs but he's just like Trump

Bragadocious A hole
              Won on technicality/points/electoral college
              But didn't win the popular vote/KO

You're talking about "strikers"
              Strikers?????
              "Striking" isn't boxing for a reason.

This is turning into another Rousey thread until she got pounced on

Why did Connor lose those 3 matches?
              Why????
              Better talent?
              He just didn't come prepared?
              Whatever the case Floyd hasn't ever lost
              Ever

Maybe it's the statistician in me but flip a quarter 49 times and see if you can get ALL HEADS on every single one of those 49 flips

You all don't understand the difficulty in doing such a thing.
              It's amazing (from a statistical perspective)!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                So you are saying they are similar?....
                LoL Good one
                Especially in a couple months
                When everyone is in Williamsport

Comment

I'd rather see Floyd fight pacquiao again and Connor fight a tough nosed mma guy rather than this

Comment

I'd rather see Floyd fight pacquiao again and Connor fight a tough nosed mma guy rather than this

Yes sir...I'm not going to watch the circus. I'll just read about it after the fact.

Heck, I'd rather see McGregor fight Diaz again

Comment

Not me because there is that chance that Connor catches him and knocks him out. Not a big chance but anytime your fight someone there is a chance. I would love to see Floyd lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boxing journeyman????
                        JOURNEYMAN!??!?
                        Why are you even in here when it is obvious you don't know much about boxing if you're mentioning boxing "joyrneyman" when talking about Floyd's opponents

He whipped PACQUIAO
                        He stopped de la hota
                        I'm not going to list his fights again

Yes now he dances and wins on "points" rather than KOs but he's just like Trump

Bragadocious A hole
                        Won on technicality/points/electoral college
                        But didn't win the popular vote/KO

You're talking about "strikers"
                        Strikers?????
                        "Striking" isn't boxing for a reason.

This is turning into another Rousey thread until she got pounced on

Why did Connor lose those 3 matches?
                        Why????
                        Better talent?
                        He just didn't come prepared?
                        Whatever the case Floyd hasn't ever lost
                        Ever

Maybe it's the statistician in me but flip a quarter 49 times and see if you can get ALL HEADS on every single one of those 49 flips

You all don't understand the difficulty in doing such a thing.
                        It's amazing (from a statistical perspective)!
                        Lol, everyone knows he lost to Maidana, Castillo, and De la Hoya. It was b.s. he won those fights. I watch boxing. Worst scoring ever. There is no doubt that it's corrupt.

Comment

Hope the woman beater gets his teeth knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                            Mayweather will destroy McGregor in a boxing match. He will only box him for that reason. If it was a actual fight, mayweather knows he doesn't stand a chance.
                            x2

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin....1634290732/amp

Peyton Manning put his nards on a woman that didn't ask for that

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                                https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin....1634290732/amp

Big Ben Roethlisburger has been accused of rape TWICE

[wibbitz id=”bbb5d89d34bab4ca3ad180345b08f77ab”autoplay=true] “Your quarterback is a rapist.” Every Pittsburgh Steelers fan has heard the same, common rhetoric that’s …

Comment

Working...
                                X