• Show
Clear All

Academy deal alert for Fathers Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the quality of the Taurus?

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post

Can't speak for the Taurus, but the heritage .22 is a fun gun to shoot. I've had one for about 4 years now. They are $179 for the .22
      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 06-14-2017, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
        excellent. I have 2. they fire every time. never had a jam or fail to fire. very accurate( as good as I can shoot) and they cycle snake shot. not many semi auto pistols will. AND, they have a lifetime warranty.

Comment

I'm gone.

Comment

Yep. Heck of a deal. My dad picked one up yesterday. Thinking about getting it for myself.

Comment

Didn't that expire yesterday ?

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                excellent. I have 2. they fire every time. never had a jam or fail to fire. very accurate( as good as I can shoot) and they cycle snake shot. not many semi auto pistols will. AND, they have a lifetime warranty.
                My experience is 180 degrees to this. Had two different Tauruses, both were POS, having to go back to the factory multiple times before I unloaded them.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  Renewed in this weeks ad

Comment

Taurus = [emoji90]

That's fine if you want to spend your money on it, but just go into it knowing that you are spending $289 on a Heritage and getting a worthless unreliable pile of crap for free.

Comment

FYI, I just searched for the Taurus online to get more info/reviews and it is on sale at Cabelas for $199 (9mm). Im guessing they wouldn't do a price match since Academy is including the revolver.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                        I have a Taurus and have had an opposite experience with this. Jams a lot actually. I stoped shooting it. My BIL took his CHL with one and ended up having to borrow a different gun to finish because his kept jamming. Both new guns out of the box by the way.

Comment

Never shot the Taurus .22, but I haven't had any problems with my .40. Heritage .22 is a great revolver. I don't have any need for the auto pistol, but will have another Heritage one day.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                            Never shot the Taurus .22, but I haven't had any problems with my .40. Heritage .22 is a great revolver. I don't have any need for the auto pistol, but will have another Heritage one day.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm with you. The heritage is a great gun. I like the black pearl grip on this one. Basically you're getting the Taurus for about $110

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

They extended the deal hence this thread

Comment

Working...
                              X