No announcement yet.

2017 Baseball CWS "The Road to Omaha"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shame they missed the call at second but as Blake said, they lost the game with those 3 walks and bad base running. See how tomorrow shakes out. LSU was trying to steal this game and almost did. Hoping for the dominant Poche on the mound tomorrow night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They missed nothing at 2nd....he slid past the bag. Dumb base running lost this game, if anything...Robertson getting thrown out at 2nd trailing by 2 was careless. As was the out with Smith trying to extend the single...1 run game at that point.
      Last edited by RLB; 06-26-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Great game! Go Gators!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          They missed nothing at 2nd....he slid past the bag.

The announcers even said they missed it. [emoji849]What's done is done. Called him out on the I initial tag which he slid around. Then tried to retap him when his foot was on the bag and they had already rung him up. Announcers point blank said "and he obviously was trying to tag him since he missed him but they already called him out"

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
            The announcers even said they missed it. [emoji849]What's done is done. Called him out on the I initial tag which he slid around. Then tried to retap him when his foot was on the bag and they had already rung him up. Announcers point blank said "and he obviously was trying to tag him since he missed him but they already called him out"

I heard him....but he slid past the bag....blue was looking right at it. But you are correct, what's done is done. It should be reviewable.

Comment

I heard him....but he slid past the bag....blue was looking right at it. But you are correct, what's done is done. It should be reviewable.

I think it gets overturned in the MLB and there is no reason not to use it in the College game. It hasn't been inordinately slow in the bigs and the game has been improved IMO. Oh well always tomorrow.

Comment

They missed nothing at 2nd....he slid past the bag. Dumb base running lost this game, if anything...Robertson getting thrown out at 2nd trailing by 2 was careless. As was the out with Smith trying to extend the single...1 run game at that point.

And I agree about Robertson but not Smith. He (by my and the announcers eyes, not that it matters) beat the play and even if he didn't, everything had to work out perfectly for UF to get the out and it did. He beats that play or gets the call more often then not with a bobbled ball, off line throw etc. It was perfectly executed by UF and hats off to the CF for making a great play. I still think he was safe

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  And I agree about Robertson but not Smith. He (by my and the announcers eyes, not that it matters) beat the play and even if he didn't, everything had to work out perfectly for UF to get the out and it did. He beats that play or gets the call more often then not with a bobbled ball, off line throw etc. It was perfectly executed by UF and hats off to the CF for making a great play. I still think he was safe

It was aggressive...if he pulls it off, he's a hero. This things going 3....that last game will be a pitching doozy!!

Comment

This amazing story will likely get airtime tomorrow on ESPN before the game

quote:
                    Luke Johnson? @ByLukeJohnson
                    Crazy story: Dr. Jerry Poché (father of Jared) & Jimmy Roy (dad of strength coach Travis) performed CPR on a UF fan @ the game & revived him.

quote:
                    Poché received confirmation from the lead paramedic at TD Ameritrade Park that the man to whom he and Roy provided CPR is in stable condition.

“The man died,” Poché said. “He didn’t have a pulse; he didn’t have nothing. It looks like, luckily, we got him back.”

First hand account:
                    From Luke ....

Here's what happened: In the sixth inning, a man collapsed near the LSU parents section. Kellie Freeman (Cole's mom) called for Dr. Poché

He got there and saw that the man (who he described as roughly 80 and a Florida fan) did not have a pulse and was not breathing.

Dr. Poché started chest compressions on the spot. Kept it going for what he thought was 5-7 minutes before paramedics arrived.

Roy, whose son Travis is the strength and conditioning coach, has been a fireman for the last 30 years. Started providing mouth to mouth.

Crazy thing is, Roy had never done mouth to mouth. Always used a machine. This was a first.

They revived him tho. He was conscious by the time the paramedics got there. Paramedics called Dr. Poché and said he's in stable condition.

kudos to Dr Poche' and Mr Roy

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 06-26-2017, 11:00 PM.

Comment

^ That's awesome!

I worked late last night and missed the game. Hope to catch the next 2.

Comment

Congrats to the Gators on winning game 1 in a hard fought battle. That Springer is a gem of a pitcher. Coach M tried to get too much out of Reynolds. Even by out hitting the Gators it was too hard to overcome three walks in a row and perfectly timed hitting.

Game 2 tonight.
                        Let's Geaux Tigers!

Comment

Gonna get them tonight. The lopsided pitching is over now. Let's take two.

Comment

I watched. I guess I should pull for Florida? No clue. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              I watched. I guess I should pull for Florida? No clue. LOL.

Come on man! You are slipping in your old age!

Aren't you the one that always pulls for the team that is playing a team that might surpass Texas or Dallas in championships? Florida it is for BoB so LSU doesn't get 7....

Comment

We didn't lose 13-1 and made some bonehead mistakes. Win game 2-3 and go home happy!!![emoji2]

Comment

Working...
                                X