• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to kill Bahia grass

In my common Bermuda yard?

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    In my common Bermuda yard?

There is a pellet type herbicide and I can't remember what it's called that works well. It's a little pricey though but works. You may have to spray several times bc the seeds can stay dormant for a while. I've also heard of using a very mild combination of round up or Eraser with water to kill it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck is all I got to say.

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
        Good luck is all I got to say.

My dad sprayed 50 acres and after two years he had all of it wiped out

Comment

We use clear pasture to kill the Bahaia at our farm. Works pretty well. If you have a source nearby that's going to continue to contribute seed to your yard then it's always going to be a battle

Comment

MSMA was "outlawed". But you can still buy MSMA 6 Plus in 2.5gal at some feed stores. I guess it was outlawed in small quantities where most average Joes wouldn't buy it. BUT it's about $80 for 2.5gal. It mixes 2oz/gal.

Comment

Not sure the chemical but I used a product called Pastora on my 4 acres to kill Bahia and stickers! 1 week later stickers are dying and Bahia doesn't look as green. Said it might take 2-3 weeks. Coach

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
                MSMA was "outlawed". But you can still buy MSMA 6 Plus in 2.5gal at some feed stores. I guess it was outlawed in small quantities where most average Joes wouldn't buy it. BUT it's about $80 for 2.5gal. It mixes 2oz/gal.

This is the route if you can get it.

If you gave anything friends that are farmers, they can hook you up.

Comment

Bermuda is hardier than Bahia and there is a solution strength of gly that will kill the Bahia and only shock the Bermuda. If I can find the article ill post.

Comment

Cimarron was made to kill bahia in bermuda pastures.

Comment

I use Cimarron to kill Bahia. Need a rain on it afterward so the plant will suck the herbicide up. Use a surfactant for best results. If you don't have much, just pull it out, but as canny said, if you have a good crop adjacent to your yard, it's like fighting fire ants. I spray the highway right of way in front of my house about every other year to keep the seeds away and I'm 300' off the road. Never ending. If you decide to go with Cimarron, pm me and I'll tell you how to mix it.

Comment

I used Ally successfully a number of years ago, but I think it has been phased? out. Not sure.

I tried this (much cheaper) last week, so I am waiting to see if it works. Will let you know!

Martin's TopShot Weed Killer is an easy-to-use, liquid MSM herbicide that effectively manages common invasive weeds on residential lawns.

Comment

Clean pasture or patriot

It's a granual that you mix with water in a Gatorade bottle and shake up before adding to tank

I think it's 3/10's oz per acre

Comment

Cimmarron works well. I think it is the same as Clean Pasture

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                              Bermuda is hardier than Bahia and there is a solution strength of gly that will kill the Bahia and only shock the Bermuda. If I can find the article ill post.

That article is wrong and I don't have to even see it. Expecially this time of year. Bermuda can't handle any gly

Comment

Working...
                              X