No announcement yet.

What do you hoard? And why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my father passed away in 2011, we had the monumental task of cleaning out his barns and outbuildings. He lived through "The Great Depression" and as a result saved everything that might possibly have value. We found broken box fans and many other such items. I think living through something like that makes you want to hold onto things a little bit tighter, because you never know when you might need that thing.

Comment

I am not a hoarder but I may have more ammo that I can possibly shoot

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
        I read the title aloud to my wife. She asked me to not start a list, she didn't want TBH to crash

I really do have a small problem. I can't seem to throw anything that has any value away. I may need it someday. It doesn't matter that I haven't needed it in 10 years...one of these days I MAY need it
        Originally posted by keep View Post
        I'm finally getting over this exact issue but still wrestle with it.

What's bad is my Grandfather passed away probably about a decade ago and he was the same way. When they cleaned out his house he had arbitrary junk everywhere and they were going to throw it out.............I said I'd take it because you never know when you'll need 5 pieces of electrical cords from lights or radios that quit working. Or casters off of 3-4 different office chairs or a bucket of used nails that could be straightened (actually used some of those 2 weeks ago), or pieces of a flag pole, or parts from old faucets and toilets. You get the point

Shockvalue would tell you I hoard timers off of feeders
        I'm glad I'm not the only one. The problem is, that when I need it, it takes me forever to find it or I give up and go buy another one. I'm trying to get better about that.

Comment

Working...
        X