X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My aerobic has been a pain. Aerotor, filters, floats, sprinkler heads, etc

If you can go conventional that's is the course I would take

Comment

We are going with aerobic (no choice) but my parents have had their house (2nd owners) for 15 years with aerobic and only thing they did was filters and pump the tanks once..

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
        When I get back in the office on Thursday I'll you the code reference from chapter 265. I have no idea what you are talking about with a 10 acre rule. That isn't in 265.

If you have multiple platted lots, you can have multiple systems. But you can only put one system on a platted lot unless the lot is over 100 acres.
        I found this out when we built. I lucked out that I built our new house on a separate deeded property. My land is actually 2 different property deeds. Had new house been on the other side of the yard, I would have to remove old system before installing the new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
          When I get back in the office on Thursday I'll you the code reference from chapter 265. I have no idea what you are talking about with a 10 acre rule. That isn't in 265.

If you have multiple platted lots, you can have multiple systems. But you can only put one system on a platted lot unless the lot is over 100 acres.
          Ok. I think the rule you are referring to is for systems over 5000 gallons per day (commercial).

I dont know anything about chapter 265, but the 10 acre rule is in chapter 285 under the general requirements for on site sewage facilities.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by STICKIT View Post
            Ok. I think the rule you are referring to is for systems over 5000 gallons per day (commercial).

I dont know anything about chapter 265, but the 10 acre rule is in chapter 285 under the general requirements for on site sewage facilities.

285.8 (a)(1)

(a) The executive director may authorize the permitting authority to issue a permit for multiple treatment and disposal systems on a tract of land as an OSSF, instead of as a municipal wastewater treatment facility, if:

(1) the systems are located on a tract of land of 100 acres or more;

I just looked through the general requirement, couldn't find anything about a 10 acre rule.

Comment

I am almost completed building our house. The builder seemed to push the aerobic system pretty hard but I insisted on having the soil tested for a conventional system. I met the test person at my place last Saturday and got the OK for a conventional system . The only issue I may have is it will have to be slightly in my front yard since that is how the land slopes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                Same here! I will NEVER have an aerobic syestem again. I've had traditional systems my whole life without any issues at all. Our aerobic system has been a nightmare. We live on a sandhill so there is no need for an aerobic system. The soil drains well here. It can rain 10 inches and I can mow the next morning. I'm fixing to get a perk test and rip it out and put field line in
                Exactly, hate mine too seems like I've replaced parts every year

Comment

(a) Permit required. A person shall hold a permit and an approved plan to construct, alter, repair, extend, or operate an on-site sewage facility (OSSF) ****unless the OSSF meets one of the exceptions in subsection (f) of this section.

285.5 (f)exceptions (2)
                  No planning materials, permit, or inspection are required for an OSSF for a single family dwelling located on a tract of land that is ten acres or larger and:

****(A) the OSSF is not causing a nuisance or polluting groundwater;

****(B) all parts of the OSSF are at least 100 feet from the property line;

****(C) the effluent is disposed of on the property; and

****(D) the single family dwelling is the only dwelling located on that tract of land.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by TxKronik; 09-12-2017, 06:29 AM.

Comment

From 285 under the General Requirements in section (285.3 section f:2)
                    (f) Exceptions.

(2) No planning materials, permit, or inspection are required for an OSSF for a
                    single family dwelling located on a tract of land that is ten acres or larger and:
                    (A) the OSSF is not causing a nuisance or polluting groundwater;
                    (B) all parts of the OSSF are at least 100 feet from the property line;
                    (C) the effluent is disposed of on the property; and
                    (D) the single family dwelling is the only dwelling located on that tract of land.

If you keep reading a little farther down on your above quote it clearly states that if under 5000 gallons per day a permit will be issued for multiple systems on a tract of land.
                    from 285.8 as you quoted:
                    (3) the anticipated combined flow, calculated using either actual water use
                    data or the data from §285.91(3) of this title (relating to Tables), from all systems is less than 5,000 gallons per day (gpd) on an annual average basis (the arithmetic average of all daily flows from the preceding 12 consecutive calendar months);
                    (4) the peak flow, calculated using either actual water use data or the data
                    from §285.91(3) of this title, for each individual system is less than 5,000 gpd; and
                    (5) the systems are used only for disposal of sewage produced on the tract
                    of land where the systems are located.

Comment

Thanks TxKronic

Comment

no problem I'm a building inspector for new construction in several municipalities I get this question all the time. I'm a huge proponent of conventional systems. I think aerobics are a huge waste of money and sort of a scam.

BTW it's not hard to get approved for a conventional just get a perc test done you would be surprised where you can actually get it approved.
                        Last edited by TxKronik; 09-12-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I don't like aerobics either.

LPD's (low pressure dosing) are ok if they are properly maintained. If not you will find out how expensive repairs are when you hire someone to try and open up those small distribution pipes and make the soil take effluent again.

Comment

I have only ever had conventional systems. I never even heard of aerobic systems until we moved here. Now that I read about the hassle with them I am glad this house doesn't have one.

Comment

I was told I may need a mound system. ...anybody got experience with these

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                                I was told I may need a mound system. ...anybody got experience with these

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
                                Will probably be an LPD system. They are having to haul in Sandy loam soil because you don't have any suitable soil to treat the waste. You either have solid clay, rock or sand. The alternative is probably an aerobic system.

Comment

Working...
                                X