Best central Texas catfish lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best central Texas catfish lake

In yalls opinions, what is the best lake in central Texas to catfish? The family is wanting to go jug and I'm trying to find out which lake is best. Thanks

Always see alot of jugs on belton lake, not sure if they catch anything thou.

Comment

Not sure about Central Texas, but if you wanna spend a weekend, there is a reason that Lake Livingston has a daily limit that is double every other lake in the state.

Comment

There are no catfish in Canyon lake, stay away!

Comment

Not central but Tawakoni is one of the best in the state if not the best when it comes to catfish fisheries

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
            Not central but Tawakoni is one of the best in the state if not the best when it comes to catfish fisheries
            Used to be even better than it is now, but the secret is out on it. Still great fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
              Used to be even better than it is now, but the secret is out on it. Still great fishing.
              It's been pumping out giants for us for the last 15 years. Slots suck now but still as good as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                There are no catfish in Canyon lake, stay away!
                We caught a 65lb yellow on canyon pre-fishing a Striper tournament. Couldn't find certified scales to make it an official lake record on rod and reel.

Comment

Belton would be a lot closer to me

Comment

Since the slot has been implemented on Waco it is full of 40 pound blues.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lake Buchanan is awful good for cat fishing with jugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                        I will second this. Live or cut perch, cut shad, cut carp, even chicken hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                          Where you putting them out at? I've been skunked a lot lately. The last few times I've put them in silver creek by the bridge on a 3-4 hour soak. I tried rod and reel last night up in the Colorado river and still didn't catch anything.

Comment

Lake Travis is no slouch, but boat traffic is always more noticeable on Travis.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                              Lake Travis is no slouch, but boat traffic is always more noticeable on Travis.
                              Is Travis any good?

Comment

Working...
                              X