Best central Texas catfish lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
    I'm sure Conroe is too far but there are some monster catfish in that lake.
    I'd love to fish Conroe, but it's a little to far fro the family to make a day trip out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Luremaker View Post
      I'd love to fish Conroe, but it's a little to far fro the family to make a day trip out of it
      Understood. We hold a catfish tournament there every year and it's unbelievable the fish brought in.

Comment

Understood. We hold a catfish tournament there every year and it's unbelievable the fish brought in.
        I'm sure, my buddy fishes there and he said he can get close to 100lbs of cats in a night

Comment

I'm sure, my buddy fishes there and he said he can get close to 100lbs of cats in a night
          Dbl post

Comment

We had 1 team a couple of years ago that had 5 fish with a 50 lb average ( I believe it was a 255 lb stringer). Not sure how many more they had in their coolers.

Comment

Waco

Comment

We had 1 team a couple of years ago that had 5 fish with a 50 lb average ( I believe it was a 255 lb stringer). Not sure how many more they had in their coolers.
                Wow, that insane!

Comment

Has anyone ever tried lake Austin for cats?

Comment

Has anyone ever tried lake Austin for cats?
                    Have done it night. Had 20 one night with about a 15lb average.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Have done it night. Had 20 one night with about a 15lb average.
                      Dang that's pretty good. Is mostly known for channel cats or blues?

Comment

Dang that's pretty good. Is mostly known for channel cats or blues?
                        We caught mostly blues and a couple of yellows. We fished in Feb. when its not a mad house. I wouldn't even try in the spring summer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          We caught mostly blues and a couple of yellows. We fished in Feb. when its not a mad house. I wouldn't even try in the spring summer.
                          Yeah if I did try it, it would probably be at night

Comment

Working...
                          X