Preppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHT View Post
    I pretty much have lived in Houston my entire live. I have been through a few hurricanes.

Hurricanes don't sneak up on us. (TS Allison being an exception) We have plenty of time to prepare if you don't want to risk it. The people who risk it are the ones in trouble.

Get a generator that will run a garage fridge & window ac unit at night and a few weeks without power is better than camping.

I have everything in place. We are golden for 6 months or maybe more. I was referring to the moving biomass of sheople.

Comment

I have a generator to pump water if electricity goes out. And back up generator just in case. I keep a 1,500 gallon tank filled as that's what gives us water pressure in the cabin. The refrigerator runs on electricity but switches to propane in a power outage. Propane will last between 6-12 months. I lost all guns and ammo in that boating accident last year. We are 1 mile from the river with no private property in between. I can hunt for food if we run out of canned and other stored food.

I just have to make it to the ranch for my plan to work out if the SHTF. If your stuck in the city you're just screwed.

Comment

Every time I read this thread title, my dyslectic ADHD mind says Peppers. So I want some salsa.

Comment

sorry is all I got

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            sorry is all I got
            No need to be sorry. Ain't your fault . Besides, with the gardening thread, I planted lots of pepper seeds this spring. Got over 60 pepper plants going. Going to jar and pickle a lot of peppers just in case SHTF.

Comment

Gardening cracks me up... You will die of starvation if you sit around and wait for a garden to grow.. And most folks don't have the ground space to support someone solely off gardening anyway, much less a family. I'm not a prepper, but to me, it boils down to how well can you forage, and how well can you protect. If SHTF, food stores would evaporate quickly

Comment

Well, I just have to wait for SHTF "after" my garden is done this year. So I have lots of pickled peppers jarred and stored. Will probably have to put a bunch of pickled peppers in my boat and have a boating accident on the river so all my jars are in the bottom of the river.

Good thing I'm a good swimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                  Gardening cracks me up... You will die of starvation if you sit around and wait for a garden to grow.. And most folks don't have the ground space to support someone solely off gardening anyway, much less a family. I'm not a prepper, but to me, it boils down to how well can you forage, and how well can you protect. If SHTF, food stores would evaporate quickly
                  Gardening would be a long term plan. If you don't have the ground space for a garden when shtf your going to die anyway lol

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Well, I just have to wait for SHTF "after" my garden is done this year. So I have lots of pickled peppers jarred and stored. Will probably have to put a bunch of pickled peppers in my boat and have a boating accident on the river so all my jars are in the bottom of the river.

Good thing I'm a good swimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                      Gardening would be a long term plan. If you don't have the ground space for a garden when shtf your going to die anyway lol
                      You need about a 1/4 patch for a garden to feed a family. At least that's all that my wife's grandparents used. They pickled, canned, and dried. You just have to start the garden BEFORE dday.

Comment

All that stuff you plan to forage for will be gone in about a month after the stores are empty.

Comment

If you already have one going it's easy and it really doesn't take much room especially the folks that build them vertical. If you have a good size garden and know how to can your good to go for a long time with food year round. I'm not talking prepping either just in general. But this kind of goes back to what I said earlier most people buying all the stuff would die anyway . Knowledge is much more important whatever you store will run out eventually. If your worried start one now and learn how a garden works, compost pile etc.i do it because I'm cheap and we get lots of vegetables out of it and they're better than what I can buy at the store usually.

Comment

I think the trick is to survive the first year on your stockpile then garden the second year. They say if shtf 60-70% of people would die in the first year. That means there will be plenty of space to garden the second year.

I wouldn't know, my refrigerator is empty right now much less if the shtf.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Natural disasters, civil unrest, economic collapse are the most likely scenarios where you would need to have some stuff stored up. She probably has a greater chance of catching a communicable disease from an albino black panther than suffering an attack from North Korea.
                              I am in tears!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

I'm learning to drink warm beer now. Cause I know there won't be any refrigerated beer left when SHTF.

Comment

Working...
                                X