Water Trough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steel185 View Post
    looks good. how are you going to attach the float valve to the concrete?
    Hang on the side...it has a U shaped bracket

Comment

Looks nice! Those used to be very common, but on a larger scale for live stock. Usually located not far from a well where the water was pumped to it. i know where some are on publicly accessible property that I sometimes get to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel185 View Post
        looks good. how are you going to attach the float valve to the concrete?
        See bracket
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
          You wont have to worry about the pigs turning it over, super good job on the trough.

I lied on the measurements...its actually 35 x 11x 11 due to wood thickness on the form.... but i tried to make it skinny enough to keep the hogs from getting inside

Comment

Looks Good!

Comment

but i tried to make it skinny enough to keep the hogs from getting inside
              That's a well thought out design, looks great........ if you got bored, you could probably make a bunch and sale those at a local feed store for a couple hundred bucks apiece

Comment

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
                That's a well thought out design, looks great........ if you got bored, you could probably make a bunch and sale those at a local feed store for a couple hundred bucks apiece
                Just have to figure out an easy way to move them ...

Comment

Get an utility trailer and build them on the trailer on top of a wooden pallet, break the form on the trailer and roll them out. You wont have to worry about loading them that away. Most all feed stores will have a forklift, pull the trailer to the feed store and let them unload the wooden pallet with their forklift.... you never have to lift or move one

Comment

Originally posted by jctex81 View Post
                    Fork lift or pallet jack and flatbed truck or trailer. Take some extra 2x4" or 4x4" for setting them down on. Some feed stores have fork lifts or bucket forks for loading and unloading feed on pallets.

Comment

At what size would you guys think about reinforcing the concrete (rebar, bent/cut cattle panel,etc)???

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
                        At what size would you guys think about reinforcing the concrete (rebar, bent/cut cattle panel,etc)???

I actually did use a section of welded wire panel 2"4" for the bottom...I was just scared to loose the project to a crack or fracture some where

Comment

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
                          Get an utility trailer and build them on the trailer on top of a wooden pallet, break the form on the trailer and roll them out. You wont have to worry about loading them that away. Most all feed stores will have a forklift, pull the trailer to the feed store and let them unload the wooden pallet with their forklift.... you never have to lift or move one

After pouring...I kicked myself for not building on a trailer

Comment

Wonder how hard it would be to install a plug to drain it before you poured it.

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
                              Wonder how hard it would be to install a plug to drain it before you poured it.
                              I think you attach to the form and seal around the outside, ...just have to find away to remove the form without yanking on the fitting i would assume

Comment

This guy added a copper pipe and attached to the form
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X