Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best advice your boss ever gave you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turtlewax View Post
    "If your going to half *** something don't bother. Do it right or don't do it at all" I was told that over 20 years ago and still think about often.
    This was my step dad, day in and day out. Have pride in your work. It seems like no one does any more.

Comment

Don't dip your pen in company ink.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
        Don't dip your pen in company ink.
        heard and used this one before

Comment

Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Take every call you get, never know who it is...

Glad I did, one of em was a recruiter and I got offered a better job with a better company

Comment

Stay curious...

Comment

Lead by example.
                Be proactive not reactive.
                Stop and smell the roses.

Comment

Ain't but 2 can'ts in the oil patch. If you can't do it, you can't stay.

Comment

Never turn down a better opportunity.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

The single most comment a boss told me that I owe my whole career to..."always come to the table with solutions never the problems". No college here and I consider myself very privileged and successful becouse of this.
                      Last edited by Man; 04-27-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Not my boss, but an old timer in the airline maintenance game,"It flew in, it'll fly out!"

Comment

The best advice I ever got from a boss was a guy who got the job I applied for and had to train. He had an Air Guard background with no experience in our industry and I had 11 years experience with the same company. I had already been passed over once and he was the second time I got passed over. He was getting promoted after a year in the position and he told me I would be passed over again because they considered me a blocker because I didn't have a college degree. I told him I was going to start looking for another job or would try my hand at sales and he backed me 100%. I got the sales job quadrupled my income. I have now since taken him under my wing again and vouched for him to get into sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Out of college I had a boss I really liked. He had a boss that screwed up every old saying he attempted, but they ended up being more appropriate. Once he was attempting to say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", but it came out "Don't fix it so it's broke." That ended up being one of the best pieces of advice I ever heard. That held in aluminum fabrication, steel fabrication, and computers.

Comment

Two.
                              If you don't love your job go do something else.

Take ownership of the situation. Whether it is your responsibility or not.

Comment

Give all the time and the second you give forget you did.

If someone gives you something don't ever forget it

Comment

Working...
                                X