Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Anyone tried solar water wells??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried solar water wells??

I have a shallow water well on our place I thought about trying one of the cheaper solar well setups. Anyone tried one? I'm seeing some cheap pump, panel, and control box setups for $250-300 shipped.

The Mule Deer lease I was on in Pecos County was switching all their old windmills that went bad to solar when needed. Cost was around $5000 per well average to install a solar kit per well. They said it was more expensive up front but cheaper in the long run than trying to maintain a windmill out there. From what I have been told on the cheaper kit solar pumps is that they do not last nearly as long as the higher dollar ones. I have seen them the internet for $1200-1900 depending on lift needed for a foreign made kit-pump, panel, controls and wiring. Cheapest prices I have seen for US made kits are out of Oklahoma.
    By shallow, how deep is the well and what is the water level at?

Comment

I bought one from Robinson solar I believe it cost $2,200. It works pretty well. The well depth is a 100 feet deep and pump is set at 96 feet. Keeps up pretty good. Its a 1/2 inch pump.
      Ryan

Comment

Yeah I have a couple of the $2k rigs and they do well. This is a 55' well for wildlife only. Considered trying one of these cheaper options.

Comment

I just installed one. Do not get the cheap 300$ kits on Amazon and eBay. I went to alibaba.com and was able to order a 1700$ kit for 400$ delivered. Then I purchased the solar panels separately for 300$. Mine is set at 125' and pumps 3 gpm. Works like a charm. Filled a 2500 gallon black tank in two days. It has a 5 year warranty and I did the install myself in about 4 hours total including mounting the panels.
          Last edited by Hunter_Man; 04-24-2017, 05:40 AM.

Comment

The kit I bought from alibaba is the exact kit that is sold at www.rpssolarpumps.com

Last edited by Hunter_Man; 04-24-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

We financed our landowners solar well at the deer lease. He did all the installation with help. All in - I think around $5k. Not sure of depth. It was an old oil field water well. Most ranchers are going to solar. Less maintenance.

Comment

Working...
              X