Texans 1st Round Pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
    Watson is your most proven QB. Mahomes and Trubisky have a higher upside, but the QB class in general sucks. What Houston has failed to do is solidify their OL. This draft sucks for that as well, but with a sound defense, RB, and receiver core, who else do you draft? Lamp, Elflein, Feeney, Pocic, Ramcyzk, Bolles, Robinson, and Dawkins (maybe Moton) are your top OL guys. I would try to land two of them in rounds 1-3. It is also a deep CB class, so try to grab a replacement for Bouye in rounds 1-3. I'd wait on QB and maybe try to get Cousins or a FA in 2018. But still draft a QB in the 4th or later. Really need to solidify the OL. Savage is serviceable.
    I agree with you. A couple of good OL players in the first few rounds would be stellar

No sense in knee jerk drafting a QB to fit a need if the talent isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      I agree with you. A couple of good OL players in the first few rounds would be stellar

No sense in knee jerk drafting a QB to fit a need if the talent isn't there.
      Yep I wouldn't be upset at all with OL in the first and a QB like Webb in the late second. I know it won't happen but I think it would be pretty cool to pick up TJ Watt to help an aging Cushing and to replace John Simon. He is projected to go around where we are picking in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Yep I wouldn't be upset at all with OL in the first and a QB like Webb in the late second. I know it won't happen but I think it would be pretty cool to pick up TJ Watt to help an aging Cushing and to replace John Simon. He is projected to go around where we are picking in the first.
        Apparently there are some folks that think it's an actual possibility. That we are pulling a smoke and mirror tactic not even mentioning him.

Comment

Draft a QB in the later rounds, every year, until you get one that works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Apparently there are some folks that think it's an actual possibility. That we are pulling a smoke and mirror tactic not even mentioning him.
            As much as I would like to get a good QB prospect, I would be ecstatic if we drafted TJ Watt with the 25th pick. I think he is going to be a monster franchise LB.

Comment

As much as I would like to get a good QB prospect, I would be ecstatic if we drafted TJ Watt with the 25th pick. I think he is going to be a monster franchise LB.
              I'd be a fan of Houston getting TJ. Dallas fans want him to play RDE, but he's a more natural OLB in a 3-4. Be a waste to make him a DE in a 4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                I'd be a fan of Houston getting TJ. Dallas fans want him to play RDE, but he's a more natural OLB in a 3-4. Be a waste to make him a DE in a 4-3.
                Agreed. I'm sure he could make the transition to DE but I'd rather see him in an OLB role as well.

Comment

I think the Texans think Watt won't be there at 25. I know I've seen him mocked in higher.

We are in a good situation in the draft though. I just hope they don't trade up, if anything, we need to trade down and get next years 2 back.

If we sign clowney then clowney would be a DE for sure. TJ would be a solid O/I LB player in our system.
                  Last edited by 12RingKing; 04-27-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I think the Texans think Watt won't be there at 25. I know I've seen him mocked in higher.

We are in a good situation in the draft though. I just hope they don't trade up, if anything, we need to trade down and get next years 2 back.

If we resign clowney, he's a DE for sure. TJ would be a solid O/I LB player in our system.
                    Yep I agree. I don't want them to move up to get ANYONE. We've already given up too much in future drafts lately. If a good QB falls to 25 so be it, otherwise take the best available player at a position of need... OL, LB, DB

Comment

better go the way Jerrah went a few years back and shore up that OL. There are some really good young QBs coming out in a few years. Beef up the OL get them in place and then go out and get skill.

Comment

Well it won't be long now....

Comment

WATSON!!! Never thought that was possible. I hate having to hive up so much to move up but at least they finally drafted a potential franchise QB.

Comment

Fruck I hate that pick. We gave up a ton to get him.

Hopefully Sweeney is right and he's Michael Jordan!

Texans freaked out on the fact that KC got Mahomes

Comment

At least he is a running QB, he'll need those legs with bad OL

Comment

Solid pick considering what was available. Will be more exciting to watch that AssWhiner.

Comment

Working...
                                X