Bug people, help solve a mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug people, help solve a mystery

Sandy (who posts here on occasion) has something going on at her house we can't figure out.

Next to her back exterior door, "stuff" keeps appearing. It looks like pink insulation. There are also some black particles in and around it (poop?).

There are no visible insects anywhere near. The stuff seems to appear by magic. It is only in this one location. A professional exterminator had no clue. It has been going on for several weeks. Ant poison and bug spray have not stopped the stuff from coming back.

Does anyone have a clue what could be doing or causing this phenomena?

Pics attached.
    Attached Files

carpenter ants maybe?

Comment

No clue........interesting

Comment

Panther Ant

Comment

I would think ants as well, but why can't I see them, and where would they be coming from???? How come the spray didn't fix them? What the heck is the pink stuff, do they spin a web like a spider? Going to google, thanks for the guesses.

Comment

Any kick outs (little holes) above window? Any branches touching the roof? I would also think carpenter ants.

Comment

Look up at the ceiling. I had carpenter ants in the attic with a wood ceiling and
              would get stuff around the sink, Took several tries to get rid of them .
              Never saw any ants in the house

Comment

I'd say carpenter ants also. Thats what it was at my office.

Comment

Have no clue, but could it be some type of mold or fungus. Looks like it's next to a exterior door. Carpet maybe​ getting damp via foot traffic or possible condensation from glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    carpenter ants maybe?
                    yep we had them once, put out 1/2 dozen liquid baits made my terro, and the were gone like 2 days later.

Comment

Back door....hmmmm.

Did Jody get a job at the insulation plant?

Is there pink stuff in the attic? Anything outside? It looks like it is blowing in under the door to me. Put a flashlight on the ground outside and go inside and see if the weatherstrip sweep in the door is intact.

Comment

There is nothing outside to blow in, but that was a good guess.

There are no holes in the wall or ceiling or the top of the door.

Comment

I would get up at 2:00 am or so and see if something is active at night.

Might also set up a trail camera!

Comment

Has she cleaned it up, and it reappear?

Comment

carpenter ants often infest doors
                              It could be insulation from the inside of the door

Comment

Working...
                              X