Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Doc's New Zealand Huntingmoon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lil doc won't quit! Here she is trying to glass up female tahr for the Argentina boys. Sure is fun watching your new bride becoming a hunter. I think she is truly enjoying it! And, she is genuinely deadly with that little rifle of hers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by docmay; 04-20-2017, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Forgot to mention the plan for tomorrow. Leaving to lodge at 0300 to head for chamois country. Meeting the helicopter there and at daylight it's a safety briefing and we are off. I guess it's just going to be me, a guide and the pilot. Apparently it's high in the mountains and tricky flying. I am going to try to arrange a little helicopter touring for lil doc and I after the chamois is done! Hopefully I can shoot straight with a bang stick. Might be a rodeo!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
        I hope zero! I have Columbia blacktail and woodland caribou this year. I start the possibility of drawing afognak island brown bear spring of 2018. I have desert bighorn booked on carmen island for 2/2019. If successful on those that gets me to like 23 or 24. I was going to go on a honeymoon regardless, this just happened to be a huntingmoon!!!!!!

That governors tag sold at our banquet for 1k

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been horrible about taking food pics here at the lodge but it's been very good! Tonight we had a big BBQ with tahr, red stag, fallow, lamb and sausages. Tahr was my favorite. More wine as always. Bedtime soon then it's choppers and Guns!!!!!

Last edited by docmay; 04-20-2017, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Dang, I thought I was the darling of TBH!

Lol. You are but you have competition now.
              Good luck on the Chamois!! Choot straight

Comment

Today is the helicopter hunt! Go get them! That sounds like a heck of a way to hunt!

Comment

I have been horrible about taking food pics here at the lodge but it's been very good! Tonight we had a big BBQ with tahr, red stag, fallow, lamb and sausages. Tahr was my favorite. More wine as always. Bedtime soon then it's choppers and Guns!!!!!

Yep Tahr is delicious!! When I went I brought back mostly stag and Tahr backstraps

Comment

I wish I'd just brought back all Tahr in hindsight. Stag was just ok at best... Are you planning to brick meat back home?

Comment

I wonder what Lil Doc will find to shoot around camp while Doc is away in his helicopter.

Comment

Congrats on those trophies!

Comment

Hope the chopper goes as planned. Congrats again to both and I believe I am inclined to agree, if it isn't 50+ you just don't want it.

Comment

congrats guys! and good luck on the chopper hunt Doc!

Comment

Dang, I thought I was the darling of TBH!

Not anymore. The pics of her playing with the goat sac put her over the top! You're playing second fiddle now fella!

Comment

Will she be making a purse out of the sack?

Comment

Working...
                                X