No announcement yet.

The Doc's New Zealand Huntingmoon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NZ opossum! You never know what doc may drag home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a cool looking critter! Almost like a cat

Comment

Picture of Donkey Schlong at least please!!!

Comment

When I hunted over there in 2006 with Kiwi, they told me they trap and shoot the "possums" and mix their fur with merino wool. They have 2 colors, brown and black. Some of the items made from just the "possum" hides or a mix that my wife and I saw were absolutely beautiful. We actually hunted them at night driving around with a 22 hanging out the window of the pickup with a spotlight. they liked to climb to the top of whatever poles were available along the roads. It was a blast. Everything was legal, but I thought about being in TX and driving on a dirt road with a spotlight and a 22 hanging out the window!!!!!!

Doc, that would make a great full body mount!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            When I hunted over there in 2006 with Kiwi, they told me they trap and shoot the "possums" and mix their fur with merino wool. They have 2 colors, brown and black. Some of the items made from just the "possum" hides or a mix that my wife and I saw were absolutely beautiful. We actually hunted them at night driving around with a 22 hanging out the window of the pickup with a spotlight. they liked to climb to the top of whatever poles were available along the roads. It was a blast. Everything was legal, but I thought about being in TX and driving on a dirt road with a spotlight and a 22 hanging out the window!!!!!!

Doc, that would make a great full body mount!
            Yep and the socks and gloves they make out of the hair is some of the warmest stuff you will wear.

Comment

That thing is huge congrats

Comment

Cool critter. Congratulations.

Comment

Freaking sweet

Comment

Back at the lodge for lunch and lil doc is grabbing life by the balls!

Comment

Or new facial hair!

Or a new appendage!

All thanks to an arapawa ram!

Comment

She better see a lady doc ASAP!!!

Comment

Does she do gender reassignment surgeries?

Comment

That possum is an interesting looking critter. Do they have the same terrible attitude ours have back here in the states?

Comment

We went after the arapawa rams and found the first group right of the bat. Lil doc and I climbed up on a ridge and Colin went around to push them our way. Worked perfect and the biggest ram ended up 24 yards below me. I took a quartering away shot and missed completely! The rams ran of and stopped again. I found the biggest again and ranged him. 62 yards. I didn't adjust the sight and put the 50 yard pin just over his back. I let the arrow fly and hit him perfect. He took 3 or 4 steps and was done!

Comment

Doc, yu are one heck of a killing machine and LiL Doc ain't far behind. congrats on a great Ram and a great shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X