Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Doc's New Zealand Huntingmoon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocoso View Post
    I thought the tahr was on Lil Docs list.

It is. That is her #1. I said if I could get it done with a bow that would for sure be the one add on animal I would shoot. They have a pile of them here and the trophy fee isn't bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      YES!!! That TAHR is beautiful!!! I need one like that...........low on the mountain.....lol! Congrats sir, great shooting!!!

Come to this place. We have see tahr from the tops to almost the bottom of the mountain. It was a pretty good hike leaving right from the lodge but perfect bowhunting country. I think we are headed to less friendly country today!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
        It is. That is her #1. I said if I could get it done with a bow that would for sure be the one add on animal I would shoot. They have a pile of them here and the trophy fee isn't bad!

Congrats on the hunt, wedding and honeymoon. You are truly blessed. How much do those Tahrs weigh and what would be a comparable sized animal in North America?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
          That is a cool looking tahr!

What is on the agenda for today?

We are leaving at 0500 and taking a ranger around the mountain and to the top. Taking lil doc for a rifle tahr. They shot two back there yesterday that were 13 inchers. That is big. It's going to be steep and rough and chilly. Best part is I'm just along for the ride and watching lil doc kill a lion goat!!!! Today is all about her chasing the animal she came to nz for.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
            Congrats on the hunt, wedding and honeymoon. You are truly blessed. How much do those Tahrs weigh and what would be a comparable sized animal in North America?

The are about like a mountain goat. They don't look big but they are built stout. They said a big bull will weigh up to 350 lbs.

Comment

A few pics where we shot the stag.

Comment

This thread is THARriffic!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                  Awesome start! Looking forward to following along. Feel free to post as many pictures as you'd like. Beautiful country!
                  Come to this place. We have see tahr from the tops to almost the bottom of the mountain. It was a pretty good hike leaving right from the lodge but perfect bowhunting country. I think we are headed to less friendly country today!

It on the list of places! I have had two tickets to New Zealand for about 2 years now....(well my wife....lol).....time to carve out the time to make the trip! Oh, any Chamois spotted in low country???

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                    This thread is THARriffic!
                    Well that was a valiant effort, but yes the thread is TAHRiffic

Good luck Lil Doc!!!!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Maybe with a chamois in the mix!

That's what I'm talking about.

Congrats on the super Tahr!

Comment

Amazing scenery. One day I would love to make that trek. I want one of those big giant red stags. Awesomeness.

Comment

Good luck to you and the Mrs. We hunted with Shane and Vanessa at Four Seasons Safaris in 2014. NZ is a beautiful and expensive country.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                              Good luck to you and the Mrs. We hunted with Shane and Vanessa at Four Seasons Safaris in 2014. NZ is a beautiful and expensive country.
                              ...........but you laid down a HONKER based on your profile pic!!!

Comment

Congrats, some great animals once again.

Glad to see the success and glad to see I am going with a good outfitter

Comment

Working...
                                X