No announcement yet.

Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never heard of salsa being called hot sauce until today. Salsa can be made mild, hot sauce can not. I'll eat mild to maybe medium salsa, won't touch hot sauce.

Comment

Its whatever you want to call it and can convey to get the person to understand what you are talking about.. Its slang to call salsa, hot sauce. Doesn't make it wrong unless you are a metrosexual snowflake and nitpick **** to death...:LD

I order chips and hotsauce all the time and guess what comes out?.....salsa/hotsauce. not cholula, not franks or Louisiana....tomatoey goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Its whatever you want to call it and can convey to get the person to understand what you are talking about.. Its slang to call salsa, hot sauce. Doesn't make it wrong unless you are a metrosexual snowflake and nitpick **** to death...:LD
        But if you call hot sauce "salsa" it still means you're gay though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          But if you call hot sauce "salsa" it still means you're gay though, right?

I'm gonna have to defer to the nitpickers..

Comment

Agree with OP

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

south east of Houston here, and I call it salsa. I've heard it called both, and when I hear it called hot sauce it seems like older people call it hot sauce. I'm 36 for reference when I say older people.

Comment

When you go to a cafe most of the time they have the condiments (hot sauce) on the table. Salsa is usually made fresh daily in the cafe.

Comment

Born and raised in Houston area and even my Granny called it salsa. That's what all the hispanics call it too. Same deal with verde salsa. If you ask for hot sauce in the taco line, you are getting a bottle of something.

As stated above, salsa actually can be made very mild if less peppers are used. Actually, my Granny liked it mild. Fresh tomatoes and onions from the garden made the best. Salsa has a bit more too it than just peppers, vinegar and sodium, etc.

Comment

If it's in a bottle and I have to shake it out it's hot sauce, if it's in a jar then it's salsa.... pretty easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Salsa is served with chips

Comment

Last edited by Marco; 04-11-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          If it's in a bottle and I have to shake it out it's hot sauce, if it's in a jar then it's salsa.... pretty easy!

From a daily user of both, this is accurate!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post
                            From a daily user of both, this is accurate!

Daily user here as well! Keep a jar of tobasco in the desk at work at all times and about 7 different bottles at home!

Comment

Salsa

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                                It is salsa, hot sauce is like you described

What he said.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X