Land purchase advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land purchase advice

I am looking at buying some land. The land does not have a house but is currently being used for cattle. It has a barn and cattle pens and is broken into a couple pastures.

Because there is no house and from what I read most banks are more skeptical with riskier loans like this, where is the best place to start? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Talk to Kumathebear

Comment

We used Capital Farm Credit. Great service from them. They specialize in ag land loans and just about anything ag related.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        We used Capital Farm Credit. Great service from them. They specialize in ag land loans and just about anything ag related.
        This right here. I think buying raw land is way easier than buying a house. Just my experience.

Comment

Capital farm credit if it's a large piece of property... around 10 acres they kinda whine about.

Try local CUs, you may be surprised.

Comment

Another vote for Capital Farm Credit. Top notch people.

Comment

I also think land with no house is far easier and the preferred way to go. just show your loaner why you are not a risk....put some money on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                Capital farm credit if it's a large piece of property... around 10 acres they kinda whine about.

Try local CUs, you may be surprised.
                Local CU did mine. I would start there and call around.

Comment

This is where you need to start

Comment

Thanks. It's about 66 acres and I should have about 20k to put down and plan to lease it until I build on one some piece of it and then still lease the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol&Pearls View Post
                      Thanks. It's about 66 acres and I should have about 20k to put down and plan to lease it until I build on one some piece of it and then still lease the rest.
                      You might be low on the down payment part. Most places want 20% down on raw land. Check you local banks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        You might be low on the down payment part. Most places want 20% down on raw land. Check you local banks as well.
                        What I'm worried about

Comment

I don't know what you are paying for this place but around here 20K would be 20% or more for 66 acres of pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                            I don't know what you are paying for this place but around here 20K would be 20% or more for 66 acres of pasture.
                            You must be really isolated. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol&Pearls View Post
                              What I'm worried about
                              TDECU will do 10% with approved credit. You will have to refi it eventually though. They give ARM loans that are fixed for 7 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X