X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep I would shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
      That shot is waaay high for ground level.
      That was 8' @ about 8 yards. Full pass thru where the belly button would be... if a deer had one. Lol made it a whole 40 yards before dying. I'd aim 2"-3" lower for ground level
      Last edited by Low Fence; 03-30-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        It's true that I get called to recover more quartering-to shots than anything else.

But, "aim for the exit?" Maybe I'm just underestimating the angle here but the way I see it, I would not have to aim that far forward to get both lungs. I *think* I could stick him in the right spot.
        But yeah a lot of people would gut shoot the crap out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        It was more tongue in cheek but I'm sure you could.....

Comment

Compound yes. Recurve no.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            That was 8' @ about 8 yards. Full pass thru where the belly button would be... if a deer had one. Lol made it a whole 40 yards before dying. I'd aim 2"-3" lower for ground level
            Fair enough.

Comment

This is easy. The answer is no because this is online reality. If I was in the stand, I would hope my answer would stay the same but you never know. It is a killing shot but not many can make it. See, easy.

Comment

He needs another year anyway. I think I would pass with a bow. Gun shot to the neck would work though.

Comment

I've had that opportunity at many deer and never taken the shot... Granted, they weren't as big as that deer, but that shouldn't matter.

But, I have a question for the Green Screen.... I shoot a 72 lb bow, 32.5 inch draw, 530 grain arrow... how much does that change the possibilities of a lethal shot, as compared to something shorter and lighter?

Comment

No

Comment

Way I see it, got a couple of ways to make that shot. Hug tight and get lungs he runs but leaves great blood find him with relative ease. Or put a new muzzy and Fmj through his front shoulder and watch him pile up. Either way I'm drinkin gold tops at camp by the time everybody else gets back and I'm prolly sleeping in in the mornin!!

Comment

Originally posted by Evenin'only View Post
                        Way I see it, got a couple of ways to make that shot. Hug tight and get lungs he runs but leaves great blood find him with relative ease. Or put a new muzzy and Fmj through his front shoulder and watch him pile up. Either way I'm drinkin gold tops at camp by the time everybody else gets back and I'm prolly sleeping in in the mornin!!

What about when the bow pops and he drops and starts spinning to his left before the arrow gets there?

Comment

At 17 that arrow gets there quick! But your scenario is why I take the shoulder shot he starts his left spin my arrow hits the pocket with a better shot. My opinion, I take the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Evenin'only View Post
                            At 17 that arrow gets there quick! But your scenario is why I take the shoulder shot he starts his left spin my arrow hits the pocket with a better shot. My opinion, I take the shot.

Mmhm.

Comment

TAKE THE SHOT or NOT? - #17

30 – Take The Shot

40 – Do Not

Comment

Nope, wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X