seattle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seattle?

So the time has come for me to finally take the plunge and ask my right hand and best friend to marry me. She has always wanted to go to Seattle so I booked two nights at the Salish lodge outside of Seattle. I will pop the question there, and I'm sure with the surroundings of Salish we will be able to keep ourselves entertained lol. This will be the last two days of the trip. The first two we are staying in belltown area. Besides the obvious pikes place, space needle etc. Anyone have any ideas on fun stuff to do downtown outside of the normal tourist attractions? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks gs.

Don't have any advice for fun and hope y'all have a great trip

I've been to a LOT of different places around the country and world and the Seattle peeps are amongst the most rude and unfriendly that I've come across

Comment

There are a couple awesome national parks and a couple national forests very near Seattle if y'all are down for a hike

Comment

Congrats!
        Seattle area is beautiful but it's full of fruit loops.

Comment

Not a huge attraction but pretty easy to get to and good for killing an hour before dinner or after breakfast. Go to the Ballard Locks. You can walk out on the locks and watch boats come and go, and they have a fish ladder to allow the salmon to get through. The boats from Deadliest Catch tie up just east of the locks in the north side of the channel. They may be out fishing this time of year but you might catch one or two of them at dock.

If you want a nice easy hike, Wallace Falls State Park is only 45 mins or so away and has three sets of falls you can hike to. I've also taken a ferry across to some of the islands for exploring and camping. Deception Pass is nice.

I do not recommend any of the restaurants on Union Lake. They are all made to look nice, but the food will not impress you.

I don't know if the Sounders have a game while you'll be there but the fans' march to the stadium is supposed to be crazy.

Traffic between Seattle and Tacoma is exactly like Austin or Baton Rouge. Plan ahead so you can avoid it.

Comment

Mt St Helens is super cool, but it will chew up an entire day. 3 1/2hrs from Seattle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chihuli museum if you like glass art, and it's right next to the space needle.

Comment

Pike place market. Flowers are stupid cheap then you could pop the question in front of the bubble gum wall.

We ate at dukes chowder house which I think was on union lake. Awesome food and a good view of the lake.

It's a pretty city

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the tips fellas. She will be happy going and I will avoid the snowflakes as best as I can lol. I don't think we'll have time to do some hiking, maybe around the lodge though. It would be pretty cool to see one of the deadliest catch ships! Regardless of the people ish encounter I just want her to be happy. I really appreciate the feedback fellas.

Comment

Enjoy your trip together, it's a pretty city as mentioned with plenty of things to see and do. There are "snowflakes" and weird people in every city, even in Texas. Lol

Comment

Drive up to widby island beautiful

Comment

Puget Sound: find it.

Eat at a seafood restaurant overlooking it. Order lobster with a side of lobster.

You're welcome.

Comment

Snoqualmie Falls is awesome and as said Pikes Place Market.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1313 View Post
                            Snoqualmie Falls is awesome and as said Pikes Place Market.
                            He's staying at the resort that is at the top of the falls.

Comment

Beth's Cafe for an omelette. They come in 6 or 12 eggs, and they are good. I made a happy plate! http://www.bethscafe.com/menu.php

Comment

Working...
                              X