It's Wet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Wet!

Geez... this kind of rain was NOT predicted and I did a "blond" thing last night! It was very hot and humid in the box blind I was hunting in, so I left the windows open in case I decided to hunt there this morning. The blind is now..... WET!

It seems to be feast or famine down here..... no rain the first of the year, now rain, rain, rain! I'm gonna look for a floating blind pretty soon... grin!

Did it actually rain, or was it dew? If you don't want the rain, I'll take it over in Dimmit county. We're more in the famine dept on rain!

Comment

Did it actually rain???

We could duck hunt at the front door here right now. The King Ranch got 6-8inches last night, and we have had more this morning. I don't mean for this to sound like a complaint... I would rather have it, than not have any! But it would be nice if we could share with the drier areas of Texas.

Comment

It is Murphy's law at work. It is to little to late, but we need to take it when we can get it. At least you did not leave your gear in there. There is a bright side to everything.

Comment

What are you chasing Mary?

Comment

Wow - feast or famine! Roads holding up ok? Seeing deer with all that rain?

Comment

I feel for you Mary...Everyone makes fun of me for complaining about the rain down in Duval county but it I really understand and sure would like for it to stop for a while...

Comment

Shawn... time will tell

Tex... "fortunately" the main roads at RP are caliche.

BLtiger... earlier this year when we planted all the food plots we couldn't buy a drop of rain. Now... we are just in that very wet pattern. But... I would rather have it, than have none.

Comment

Probably cursing myself, but I'd take a 3 month rain check on the rain across from Falcon Lake (mexico). We have lost several roads due to the craters created by the run off and other spots we can't drive through because of the mud. Maybe 30% of ranch cut off right now. I was going to take a few pics before we left this morning of all the wild flowers growing, but IT WAS RAINING.

Comment

gotta love the rain

Comment

Working...
                    X