Looks Like We Are Losing Our Lease !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
    What's this "electricity" and "water" you are referring to?

Dude, get a generator and some water cans and stop griping about it.

We pay $2000 a year to hunt 120 acres. No water, no electricity.
    Not sure who you are quoting but the electric and water is the basis of the OP's predicament. A lease agreement is just that. If the landowner breaks it, what good is it? I'd bet stacks of cash, if the hunters broke the agreement, there would be issues with the LO. The guy cannot be trusted and WILL cram it home one day. I too refuse to deal with unprincipled people but that's just me. It certainly narrows the field when it comes to people I will do business with.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      Not sure who you are quoting but the electric and water is the basis of the OP's predicament. A lease agreement is just that. If the landowner breaks it, what good is it? I'd bet stacks of cash, if the hunters broke the agreement, there would be issues with the LO. The guy cannot be trusted and WILL cram it home one day. I too refuse to deal with unprincipled people but that's just me. It certainly narrows the field when it comes to people I will do business with.
      Yea and everyone on here is like "i'll pay i'll pay." Well sound like they will pay dear when dealing with people who cant keep their word.

Comment

Lease agreements are usually renewing annual contracts that begin on a certain date and end on a certain date. The price, terms and conditions can be renegotiated between those periods. That is not going back on your word. I would not assume that the landowner is reneging on an agreement based on the original post. Perhaps he is, but I certainly wouldn't jump to that conclusion without something more to go on.

Comment

I lease out property for farmers in northern Missouri I've personally lease and lease for people probably 100 different leases. And of those I remember 3 of them having electric next to a barn but no water. Up here it's not that big of deal to people. Guess that's just the difference in Missouri and texas

Comment

My whole point was, if the landowner has been good to them now, he is being difficult, something has changed. He may have problems in his life or he may think he can get a lot more money for the place (which he can). If he is being difficult, it is likely not going to improve and will only get worse. I've seen it too many times. Of course, have a conversation with him to air any grievances but know, it may not work in your favor. Probably won't. If money is the ONLY consideration of the landowner, you will always be at odds with him. He needs to care about his place almost as much as you.
            I gotcha. If the landowner is too difficult for you to deal with, and it's ruining the experience for you, then it is probably time to move along. Sorry it's not working out.

The hunting ain't all that great on this place but I'm allowed to bring my kids whenever I want and I that's why I like it there.
            Totally...it's tough to find a good lease. Real tough to find a good lease that has a lenient guest policy and dog-friendly. I would definitely put up with a few inconveniences for those benefits.

Comment

Well.....

I like taking a shower, and I like my electricity. When the lease got to 116 degrees last June we could only get the house down to 89. It felt good. I've hunted without it, but only cuz that was the kind of hunt I purchased (backpack sheep hunt).

Our lease owners moved away years ago and we pay the electric and keep the water going. They've paid for it too, but the expense has been minimal IMO the past couple of years like may $225. It also helps that we have a well guy in our neighborhood that will fix the well and we let him kill a deer. Pretty good trade I think. But I have year round access, two refrigerators a freezer, a comfy bed, and a darn shower to wash the dust off at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
                I lease out property for farmers in northern Missouri I've personally lease and lease for people probably 100 different leases. And of those I remember 3 of them having electric next to a barn but no water. Up here it's not that big of deal to people. Guess that's just the differenc
                e in Missouri and texas
                What is the average price of a lease?

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy123 View Post
                  I lease out property for farmers in northern Missouri I've personally lease and lease for people probably 100 different leases. And of those I remember 3 of them having electric next to a barn but no water. Up here it's not that big of deal to people. Guess that's just the difference in Missouri and texas
                  Also, when was the last time MO reached 110+ degrees with 88% humidity???

Comment

What is the average price of a lease?
                    $12-20 bucks an acre is about the going rate depending on how much timber

Comment

Also, when was the last time MO reached 110+ degrees with 88% humidity???
                      I know Texas is hot but Missouri is miserable to during the summer

Comment

This scenario reminds me of a time my buddy quit a good paying job with great benefits because he thought he thought he was being direspected at work. It took him over a year to find another job that paid him less and had crappier benefits (recession)

To the OP, I hope you already have a new lease lined up. It took me 3 years to find decent lease after we lost our last one. Water is easy to accommodate. As for electric, turn everything off except the fridge when you leave. I can't imagine this is something y'all couldn't afford for 3-4 months.

Comment

Working...
                        X