No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am maintaining my weight. My body loves this way of eating.

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
      Anyone still doing this? I started a couple weeks ago and so far so good

Yep, holding steady below 150lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
        I am maintaining my weight. My body loves this way of eating.
        That is where I am as well. When I have a "cheat" night. my body really lets me know about it.

Comment

I was at a 20 year low after my Sept elk trip and have been slacking since. Been mostly keto since summer 2017 though. Finally feel like I have recommitted and had a good weekend without carbs. Wife got me this at the store this morning but I’m not craving it so may throw it in the freezer until I’m needing it.

Comment

I’m also maintaining. Trying to get back into it and lose some more.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              I was at a 20 year low after my Sept elk trip and have been slacking since. Been mostly keto since summer 2017 though. Finally feel like I have recommitted and had a good weekend without carbs. Wife got me this at the store this morning but I’m not craving it so may throw it in the freezer until I’m needing it.

I had some of that stuff, it's great but it molds quick, so I'd you dont plan to eat soon, definitely freeze it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven’t seen any low carb or no carb bread. Where do you buy that?

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                  They have it on Amazon. Search for zero carb bread.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post

HEB has a bunch of keto stuff. Also, when my wife goes to Abilene there is a store called drug emporium that has a ton. The sell a chocolate chip muffin made from pumpkin that is the best low card dessert I have ever had. Used to be a drug emporium in Victoria too. I’m not sure where else they are but not in Houston.

Comment

Been thinking about Keto and even bought a book a few years ago which overwhelmed me.

Is there a "Keto For Dummies" kind of resource available? Or, more generally, what are some good resources to help understand the diet requirements?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Heron View Post
                        Been thinking about Keto and even bought a book a few years ago which overwhelmed me.

Is there a "Keto For Dummies" kind of resource available? Or, more generally, what are some good resources to help understand the diet requirements?

Thanks!
                        This is one of many:
                        A place for discussions around ketogenic metabolism

Comment

Originally posted by Heron View Post

Thanks!
                          Take a look at the following site. There is a subscription available for some content. However it offers plenty of unpaid resources and a free 2 week "Get Started Challenge" that supplies information and menus.

Another from a company focused on reversing Type 2 Diabetes through nutrition. Lots of informed articles here:

Comment

Can anyone recommend a Low Carb, Gluten Free wrap or tortilla? I can fine one or the other but not both together.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                              This is one of many:
                              A place for discussions around ketogenic metabolism

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by VanX View Post
                                Take a look at the following site. There is a subscription available for some content. However it offers plenty of unpaid resources and a free 2 week "Get Started Challenge" that supplies information and menus.

Another from a company focused on reversing Type 2 Diabetes through nutrition. Lots of informed articles here:

https://blog.virtahealth.com/ketosis...enic-diet-faq/
                                And again, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X