Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
    I'm losing weight but it isn't coming off very fast. Then last week started having leg cramps. I'm going to drink more water this week at work.
    Don’t forget to Salt your food. Pink salt has more minerals than others. Also, I take Magnesium tablets and eat 1 avocado a day for potassium those are vital to help avoid cramps.

Comment

I have been consistent for nearly five weeks straight. I'm steadily losing 2.5-3 pounds a week. Have not had any IPA's at all during this stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
        I have been consistent for nearly five weeks straight. I'm steadily losing 2.5-3 pounds a week. Have not had any IPA's at all during this stretch.
        Well, I’m on a Staycation right now and I’ve had plenty of Jai Alai for the both of us.

Comment

Well, we were rocking and rolling on it, got a keto meter to make sure we were in Ketosis and had been going strong for about 2 months and gave in on vacation here is Destin. Going to have to get back at it when we get back. Was down 25 lbs before this trip. Anyone have any experience getting back started on it after stopping for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems to me that your body gets into ketosis quicker and no Keto flu once you have been on it awhile but temporally stray. Good luck getting back on it

Comment

Tomorrow will be 5 weeks for me. I'm down 22 lbs without any significant change in my limited amount of exercise (yet). I plan on starting to ride my bike as much as possible starting this week. Hopefully the fat will start to melt off of me then.

I've had a hard time meeting the fat macro. I started doing the keto coffee to take in more fat and that certainly helps. I'm going to start making some fat bombs to help. I haven't cheated at all...not even 1 beer so that's good. Still have a long way to go.

Comment

I have not had a chance to read through this thread, but I'm going on week 3 and have only lost about 5 or 6 pounds. Mostly in the first week, just water weight I believe. I don't really count how much fat or protein I'm taking in but keep a good eye on the carbs. Been doing MCT oil in coffee in the mornings and cooking with butter and coconut oil a lot. I know I'm doing something wrong just haven't figured it out.

Comment

After Rich’s other thread on winning the weight loss competition, I watched The Science of Fasting on amazon and several good YouTube videos. I was already in ketosis when I started my first ever 48 hour fast and I was surprised how easy it was. Had a small keto meal yesterday at lunch and started again, this time with only electrolyte water and no coffee. I have a headache from the coffee withdrawal but otherwise feel great. Gonna try for at least 3 days this time. Won’t weigh til I finish but I can tell I’m dropping big already.

Comment

Originally posted by brnhtown View Post
                    I have not had a chance to read through this thread, but I'm going on week 3 and have only lost about 5 or 6 pounds. Mostly in the first week, just water weight I believe. I don't really count how much fat or protein I'm taking in but keep a good eye on the carbs. Been doing MCT oil in coffee in the mornings and cooking with butter and coconut oil a lot. I know I'm doing something wrong just haven't figured it out.

Count your proteins and fats. Fat-protein-carbs should be 70/25/5

Comment

Also Keto Pizza is awesome. Keto dad has some great recipes that are super easy.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                        After Rich’s other thread on winning the weight loss competition, I watched The Science of Fasting on amazon and several good YouTube videos. I was already in ketosis when I started my first ever 48 hour fast and I was surprised how easy it was. Had a small keto meal yesterday at lunch and started again, this time with only electrolyte water and no coffee. I have a headache from the coffee withdrawal but otherwise feel great. Gonna try for at least 3 days this time. Won’t weigh til I finish but I can tell I’m dropping big already.

The longest I have done so far is three days. I just had broth and water.

Comment

I started keto 6/19. I lost about 7lbs within the first week, but then it came to a halt. 4 weeks and only 7lbs was starting to disappoint. Then I watched the Netflix documentary, "The Magic Pill". Wow... what an eye opener. I was doing dirty keto and didn't know it.
                          This week I decided to clean it up. No dairy, 16 hour intermittent fasting. All organic veggies and grass-fed meats.
                          Yesterday was day 1 - this morning I weighed in 3lbs down.
                          I have no idea what to expect from this, maybe my body was just shocked, maybe you can actually lose weight this fast... maybe it will all be back tomorrow. I'm simply reporting the facts - today I am down 3lbs from yesterday.

Comment

Started 3 weeks ago at 197 .
                            Just got off the scales@ 185.
                            I think at 175 I'm gonna start to work out.
                            Need to get some good recipes starting to get bored with the same old meals. I and I need a good way I have something that tastes taste sweet too easy on the sweet tooth

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Down 15lbs, feel great. Just got a keto mojo blood meter and have started to monitor more effecient ketone levels for burning stored body fat not just dietary fat. Side note, keto cast iron meals are awesome, goggle them!

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                                Started 3 weeks ago at 197 .
                                Just got off the scales@ 185.
                                I think at 175 I'm gonna start to work out.
                                Need to get some good recipes starting to get bored with the same old meals. I and I need a good way I have something that tastes taste sweet too easy on the sweet tooth

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                                You should be able to taste natural sweetness of black coffee after 3 weeks. Anything with a sweetener can cause more cravings.

Comment

Working...
                                X