Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My go-to snacks:

-Mozzarella stick rolled with prosciutto or pepperoni (pre-made HEB)
    -HEB Taste of Austin spiced pecans. Salt and garlic, no sugar and come in a bag you can microwave. I also do my own at home, buying pecan halves from the baking isle which is much cheaper.
    -Quest bar cookie dough. I cut mine in half and leave one in a ziplock for the next day. Put it on a paper plate and microwave about 10 seconds just until you see it start to rise up like a baked cookie would. INCREDIBLE

Very painful for me to type this as I'm 15 hours in on IF and trying to make 20 today.
    Last edited by TexaRican; 01-25-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Been back into the diet for about a week now. Went from 225 to 200 in about 6 weeks with very little exercise and have been able to maintain for about 2 months. Ultimate goal is 175 so time to get back into it again. Planning on doing a 1/2 marathon in April so hopefully training for that will help me start dropping the pounds again.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
        Snacks for me consist of:

Cheese - all kinds. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and trying a wide variety.
        Salami, Philly cream cheese with Banana or Pepperocini pepper roll ups
        Mozzarella cheese melted with pepperoni's - no carb pizza
        Macadamia nuts
        Pecans
        Pumpkin seeds
        Keto chocolate mug cake
        Fat Bomb - I don't use these as much anymore
        Sugar Free Jello

And for craft beer...Jai Alai has now hit the Houston market, the temptation is real.

See above pork skins and salsa or just some good cracklin.
        Thanks for the suggestions, fellas!
        Indeed it is. I stopped by Wine and More on the way out of town hunting last weekend with the intention of only getting whisky and couldn't help but grab a couple Founder's Porters and Dirty *******s.
        I go into it knowing I'll be fasting for 24hrs to get back into ketosis, so that normally helps curb my temptation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
          Thanks for the suggestions, fellas!
          Indeed it is. I stopped by Wine and More on the way out of town hunting last weekend with the intention of only getting whisky and couldn't help but grab a couple Founder's Porters and Dirty *******s.
          I go into it knowing I'll be fasting for 24hrs to get back into ketosis, so that normally helps curb my temptation.

If I know I'm going to be having some beverages, I'll try to go completely no carb for that day as well.

Comment

Wife shredded some chicken last night. Mixed with cream cheese and Franks Extra Hot in a skillet then served on lettuce wraps. It was better than having hot wings and a salad and lot less messy to eat

Comment

Did a 16-17 hr fast followed by ribeye dinner at Saltgrass complete with a glass of wine. Finished the day off work some melted cheese. Woke up this am still in deep ketosis per the pee the strip.

Comment

how many days a week are you doing an IF

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                  I'm trying to do at least 2. Got 17 hours in today and had to snack. Been trying to bust a plateau and I know IF is the best thing for that (at least for me).

Comment

2-3 usually, I let my body dictate when I fast.

Comment

2-3 usually, I let my body dictate when I fast.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                        If I know I'm going to be having some beverages, I'll try to go completely no carb for that day as well.
                        doesnt matter its the alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                          doesnt matter its the alcohol
                          What doesn’t matter? I had 2 samples of wine, 1 beer sample and 1 glass of wine last night and woke up with large ketones in my pee strip.

Comment

Alcohol itself doesn’t bunk you out of ketosis. The residual carbs and sugars in the drinks can though. Distilled alcohol essentially hits the pause button on your fat burn because your body will burn alcohol before all other energy sources. It isn’t actually a carb in an of itself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                              FYI, a block of Gouda is a pretty decent snack when you have the hunger cravings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Fischer's makes smoked gouda, good stuff.

Comment

5-7 for me. My first meal of the day is typically 12PM and my last meal is never past 7.
                                The weekend is a little harder to do IF, but I do it every weekday.

Comment

Working...
                                X