Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RingSteel View Post
    After being on Keto since mid-October, my weight loss had slowed down to under a pound a week. To change it up, I upped my calories by 200 per day, and the weight started dropping again. I'm back to my college weight, and haven't been there in 27 years!

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to hear it’s working for you Jeremy.
      I’m stalled since thanksgiving but I consider a stall in the holidays a win. How the heck am I supposed to diet when people are giving me stuff like this?

Comment

My keto Christmas present!

Comment

Wife got me a bunch of cheese's. Happy keto camper. I'm stocked up for my start up after the new year. Feel like complete crappola right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Glad to hear it’s working for you Jeremy.
            I’m stalled since thanksgiving but I consider a stall in the holidays a win. How the heck am I supposed to diet when people are giving me stuff like this?

I can pass up cookies, most of them except Snickerdoodles, but that bottle of Four Roses is my favorite. Plus, it's whiskey weather!

Comment

Reading through this thread - I found the ruled.me page. Any other suggestions for getting started and setting up a plan of attack?

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
                Reading through this thread - I found the ruled.me page. Any other suggestions for getting started and setting up a plan of attack?
                I just dove in 1 month ago. I’ve been getting compliments from people and my clothes are starting to fit very loose. It’s been motivating to stay at it.

Comment

Question for the effectiveness of keto and fat burning. I'm down 35 pounds since mid May 2017. I changed up my diet substantially and now watch my macros of protein/carbs and fat. I also completely changed my workout regimen due to a major shoulder surgery in December 2016. No more chasing a 405 bench and 600 pound squat at 55 years old. I lift 4 days a week (light weights), walk, mtn bike when the weather permits and use Title Boxing 4-5 days a week. I've shed alot (too many to make me realize what a fat f**k I was) of inches in the abdominal area. My improvement in blood work is off the chart.

Recently, I've stalled a bit in the inches/fat loss battle. I can drop muscle weight easily just by stop lifting but I have no interest in just losing muscle mass to make me happy on the scale. I'm looking to drop another 20-25 pounds and 4-5 inches on the waistline. I can always re-adjust my macros and see results, but was curious about using keto for a big push in fat burning.

Does keto allow for a relatively active workout program and do you think it is a more efficient fat burning diet? I'm interested in hearing from those of you who are down to within 10-20 pounds of your goal weight and lost the remaining inches of stubborn abdominal fat.

And to everyone who has made progress in weight loss regardless of routine and diet used, big time congrats and keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
                    I've tried to think of food more as a fuel now than a pleasure. Don't get me wrong, I still cook good tasting stuff, but I eat a lot of stuff over and over again. Some people can't handle the repetition, I've been doing it for nearly a year now and it hasn't bothered me. The results I've gotten help in that regard. Lots of salad and sautèd vegetables usually accompanied with a piece of pork or beef, chicken and seafood every now and then.

I also live alone and that makes it much easier I'm sure. I don't have an ol lady or kids to complain about what I've cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      Question for the effectiveness of keto and fat burning. I'm down 35 pounds since mid May 2017. I changed up my diet substantially and now watch my macros of protein/carbs and fat. I also completely changed my workout regimen due to a major shoulder surgery in December 2016. No more chasing a 405 bench and 600 pound squat at 55 years old. I lift 4 days a week (light weights), walk, mtn bike when the weather permits and use Title Boxing 4-5 days a week. I've shed alot (too many to make me realize what a fat f**k I was) of inches in the abdominal area. My improvement in blood work is off the chart.

Recently, I've stalled a bit in the inches/fat loss battle. I can drop muscle weight easily just by stop lifting but I have no interest in just losing muscle mass to make me happy on the scale. I'm looking to drop another 20-25 pounds and 4-5 inches on the waistline. I can always re-adjust my macros and see results, but was curious about using keto for a big push in fat burning.

Does keto allow for a relatively active workout program and do you think it is a more efficient fat burning diet? I'm interested in hearing from those of you who are down to within 10-20 pounds of your goal weight and lost the remaining inches of stubborn abdominal fat.

And to everyone who has made progress in weight loss regardless of routine and diet used, big time congrats and keep up the good work!
                      A guy I work with is on keto and runs marathon's. I've done keto, intermittently, more time on than off, for about 1 year now. I mainly utilize supersets in my workout session and I have plenty of gas in the tank. Cardio gas, is another story. Meaning, the state of my cardiovascular endurance right now is in the proverbial crapper. Current workout program is a mix up of Mark Bell's 30 days to a better bench, Jacked and Tan and Brian Alsruhe's super set workout.

Comment

My wife came across this KETO OS supplement. Sounds like a gimmick to me. Anyone have experience with it?

Prüvit Official Website. Prüvit Ketone Supplements Are Developed By Doctors and Healthcare Professionals To Put Your Body Into Ketosis in Under 30 Minutes. Shop For Ketones or Become a Prüvit Promoter Today!

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Head start on 2018 goals. After breaking my diet badly yesterday I got in a nice 45 minutes of hard cardio at the gym this morning and am 20 hour in to a 36 hour fast. At the lease now so no snacks or booze to tempt me here.
                          Next beer I drink will be in celebration when the scale reads 199.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                            ... Next beer I drink will be in celebration when the scale reads 199.
                            Keto on! You're heading the right direction.

Comment

Holiday bloat is over. Back to feeling better. How are y’all doing?

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                                Holiday bloat is over. Back to feeling better. How are y’all doing?
                                I'm back on. Just kind of gave up over Christmas and new years. Too much temptation and too much stress. Felt bad the whole time doing it too. Didn't gain any weight, thankfully. I'm on a 24 -36 fast right now to get the sugar out of my system. I can feel the cravings, but already feel better. 36 more pounds to go, cant quit now.

Comment

Working...
                                X