Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
    My beautiful wife made a huge layer salad with hand cut bacon bits on 2 layers and substituted Splenda for the sugar. Then she basted the turkey in the leftover bacon grease[emoji39]. I cheated with a spoonful of green bean casserole, one bite of mashed taters and one bite of stuffing. Didn’t even look at the Texas Roadhouse rolls. Just finished a 4 mile run and am about to vacuum seal all the leftovers. I think I can declare victory over Thanksgiving for once[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your better than me, I let it all hang out for that one day. Ate everything. -Still lost 2 lbs last week. But man can I feel my body trying to get back on track. Its amazing how adding carbs, even for one day, can make you feel terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
      I was 280.5 on Feb 1. I weigh 188.6 this morinig. Been in the 180's for a couple months
      That's great. My goal is 100 lbs. Still have some to go. Cant wait till I get more into a maintenance mode.

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
        Its amazing how adding carbs, even for one day, can make you feel terrible.
        Holy smokes. This is the TRUTH.

Comment

Your better than me, I let it all hang out for that one day. Ate everything. -Still lost 2 lbs last week. But man can I feel my body trying to get back on track. Its amazing how adding carbs, even for one day, can make you feel terrible.

I ended up cheating a bit over the weekend. No alcohol since Sat night and am just now creeping back into ketosis and feeling crappy all over again. But I’m at a 20 year low as of this morning. Ran 4 today.

Comment

Like crawdaddct said, just a day of carbs makes you feel like crap. The past month has been rough with kid in hospital and work and shuffling other kids around, thanksgiving, etc. I put on a few and felt like crap the entire time. Back on track now and already feel much better!

Started running again and just started the StrongLifts 5x5 program.

Comment

I hurt all over for near two solid days.

Comment

I fell off the wagon with Harvey but getting my act together this week. My wife is already back in Ketosis, I had to finish the Pecan Pie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                  I fell off the wagon with Harvey but getting my act together this week. My wife is already back in Ketosis, I had to finish the Pecan Pie.
                  My boys were mad at me, because I threw the last of the Pecan Pie in the trash. It kept talking to me.

Comment

My boys were mad at me, because I threw the last of the Pecan Pie in the trash. It kept talking to me.
                    you gotta do what you gotta do. I have not been on strict kept however, cutting majority of carbs and eating better all together plus working out, I am down 20 pounds in three months. not to bad, I feel good about next year.

Comment

I pour salt all over it to avoid going back for it[emoji849]

Comment

down around 70 since January. I've plateaued for the last 10lbs. They aren't coming off nearly as quick anymore. I'm sure it being dark when I go to work and dark when I get off work doesn't help.

Had a few celebration beers one day in March, again for the 4th, then again on vacation in July. Had an ice cream cone on vacation and a piece of cheesecake on Thanksgiving.
                        That is the only cheating I've done all year.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                          I hurt all over for near two solid days.
                          I hate that feeling! Dang carbs!

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                          Like crawdaddct said, just a day of carbs makes you feel like crap. The past month has been rough with kid in hospital and work and shuffling other kids around, thanksgiving, etc. I put on a few and felt like crap the entire time. Back on track now and already feel much better!

Started running again and just started the StrongLifts 5x5 program.

The crappy feeling power of carbs is real. Plus all the extra aches.

StrongLifts is a good program.

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                          I fell of during Harvey as well. Started up again about 4 wks ago. Took Wed and Thurday of Turkey Day for cheat days. 4 McRibs in one day. Tasted good but felt like crap. I'm back in ketosis now. Started off at 285 and hit 273 this week. Goal is to hit the 260's, mainly 265, by NYE and then hit it hard to get in to the 240's. I'll reassess after that.

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                          down around 70 since January. I've plateaued for the last 10lbs. They aren't coming off nearly as quick anymore. I'm sure it being dark when I go to work and dark when I get off work doesn't help.

Had a few celebration beers one day in March, again for the 4th, then again on vacation in July. Had an ice cream cone on vacation and a piece of cheesecake on Thanksgiving.
                          That is the only cheating I've done all year.

Strong work, cheesecake is a diabetics best choice for dessert. That makes it one of the better ones for us.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                            I pour salt all over it to avoid going back for it[emoji849]

Hopefully, you used that nasty iodized salt and not the good Pink Himalayan Salt.

Comment

After being on Keto since mid-October, my weight loss had slowed down to under a pound a week. To change it up, I upped my calories by 200 per day, and the weight started dropping again. I'm back to my college weight, and haven't been there in 27 years!

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

I came off the diet in September for an backpacking elk trip, then never got around to getting back on it before the holidays. I have only gained 3lbs back, but I really don’t feel as good when I am not on Keto, so I will be back on it with a higher calorie intake starting January. I really only have 5-6 pounds to hit my all time target weight, and my wife thinks that’s too low for me anyways. The only thing I will miss is beer, but i lived without it last time.

Comment

Working...
                                X