No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No keto during Harvey. Can't do that on hospital food rations. Carb loaded, those *******s!

Comment

After lurking, reading & planning, I am finally committing to this. Today is day 1 for me!
      Breads will be my biggest tempter. I know its a person to person situation as far as results goes, (How fast & how much), but I am solidly committing to the next month to see how my body reacts.

My goal is a solid 50lb loss, 60 would be fabulous. Starting weight is 231.

I am putting it out there for those who would like to pm me for accountability, feel free.

Your motivation and results assures me it can be done with hard work and being diligent to the proportions. Lets do this!

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
        After lurking, reading & planning, I am finally committing to this. Today is day 1 for me!
        Breads will be my biggest tempter. I know its a person to person situation as far as results goes, (How fast & how much), but I am solidly committing to the next month to see how my body reacts.

I am putting it out there for those who would like to pm me for accountability, feel free.

Your motivation and results assures me it can be done with hard work and being diligent to the proportions. Lets do this!
        Yes sir it can be done and you will see it for yourself!! I am on day one again. I say again because after being on Keto for over 3 months I had to deviate as I was in the Houston area over the.last week. I was 183-184 before last week which was 25ish lbs down from the beginning. After a week of not eating Keto, I am at 186-187 which I expected might be higher. The real bad part of being off Keto was that it resulted in getting the acid reflux again after not experiencing it once I was on Keto for about 1 1/2 months. My new target weight is now 175 and I will get there. Best of luck to you on getting down to your target weight.

Comment

I have finally hit the 20lb mark. Just got a hard 3 mile run in at lunch and am at the airport for what is about to be 2 weeks of travel. Gonna try and stay keto so wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can do it. I am off until after my Elk hunt. Between a vacation and a week in the mountains packing all my food around, Keto just wasn't going to happen. The blood sugar issues are back, so just more reinforcement that Keto is for me.

Comment

Back on it today. I'm attempting to keep carbs < 10 grams the first week for a quick induction in to ketosis.

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post

Please read through this thread. There is lots of good info on avoiding keto flu. If ya have any questions, fire away, and get ready to look and feel better.

Comment

Has anyone tried the keto egg diet for a week? It's pretty much nothing but eggs and it's supposed to hit your macro's spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                    Back on it today. I'm attempting to keep carbs < 10 grams the first week for a quick induction in to ketosis.

You can also use a fast, or intermittent fasting, to kick start it.

Comment

Please read through this thread. There is lots of good info on avoiding keto flu. If ya have any questions, fire away, and get ready to look and feel better.
                      Yep, read it several times.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                        You can also use a fast, or intermittent fasting, to kick start it.

14 hr fast today.

A problem I have is, I work out 1st thing when I wake up . Usually around 0930. This really cuts in to the fasting time.

Comment

14 hr fast today.

A problem I have is, I work out 1st thing when I wake up . Usually around 0930. This really cuts in to the fasting time.

Once you are Keto adapted, it won't stop it anymore. Stick to it, it works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                            Once you are Keto adapted, it won't stop it anymore. Stick to it, it works wonders.

Absolutely agree, my longest fast was 18 hrs when I first did keto. Really surprised at how easy it was.

Comment

Absolutely agree, my longest fast was 18 hrs when I first did keto. Really surprised at how easy it was.

Watched one of the Thomas Delauer videos where he advocated going even longer. Says 16-8 sound like a typical American diet where people skip breakfast. Benefits increase after 16 or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                                Watched one of the Thomas Delauer videos where he advocated going even longer. Says 16-8 sound like a typical American diet where people skip breakfast. Benefits increase after 16 or something like that.

Will do.

Comment

Working...
                                X