Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
    Supper tonight is chicken bacon ranch pizza. Pure mozzarella crust. Alfredo sauce instead of marinara. If I figured it right, it worked out to about 6g carbs, 56g fat and 55g protein give or take.
    I need to try that. I've had good success making a pizza crust out of chicken...it was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
      Sounds really good. Tell me how you made the crust.
      Small nonstick skillet. Shredded mozzarella to cover the bottom as thick as you want. Trial and error for the skillet. Medium heat while you gather the other ingredients. Once it starts showing visible browning around the edges and all melts and gooey, turn off the heat. Top just as you would any other pizza and pop it under the broiler (I use a toaster oven) for 5-6 minutes until your added cheese on it starts to brown. The longer you can wait and let it cool the better. If you try to eat it when it's too hot it just collapses.

I like the Rao's marinara sauce from Sam's. only 3 carbs per 1/4 cup.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
        Small nonstick skillet. Shredded mozzarella to cover the bottom as thick as you want. Trial and error for the skillet. Medium heat while you gather the other ingredients. Once it starts showing visible browning around the edges and all melts and gooey, turn off the heat. Top just as you would any other pizza and pop it under the broiler (I use a toaster oven) for 5-6 minutes until your added cheese on it starts to brown. The longer you can wait and let it cool the better. If you try to eat it when it's too hot it just collapses.

I like the Rao's marinara sauce from Sam's. only 3 carbs per 1/4 cup.
        Thanks! I'll be trying it out.

Have you been able to make it to the surf to fish any this year?

Comment

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
          Thanks! I'll be trying it out.

Have you been able to make it to the surf to fish any this year?
          Not once.

Comment

Splain me this: fasted for 23 hours. Strips were purple last night before bed, 6 hours into the fast. Broke the fast with a small avocado, came home and tested barely even trace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
              Splain me this: fasted for 23 hours. Strips were purple last night before bed, 6 hours into the fast. Broke the fast with a small avocado, came home and tested barely even trace.

I have no answer.

Question, were you drinking a lot of water? You may have diluted the ketones and flushed a lot of them out.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post

I have no answer.

Question, were you drinking a lot of water? You may have diluted the ketones and flushed a lot of them out.

Hmm, I had a monster zero and probably refilled my 32oz ice water tumbler 3 times during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post

I have no answer.

I do this all the time. I've found the strips aren't very accurate due to my high water intake. I also test with my blood meter & little breathalyzer tester.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                    I do this all the time. I've found the strips aren't very accurate due to my high water intake. I also test with my blood meter & little breathalyzer tester.
                    Blood is definitely the best, breath 2nd and strips last.

Comment

South of 235. Feel good...need some clothes that fit...

Thyroid issue gone...body is really benefiting from being in Ketosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        South of 235. Feel good...need some clothes that fit...

Thyroid issue gone...body is really benefiting from being in Ketosis.
                        Awesome I'm about 9lbs behind you with no plans on stopping short of 199.

Comment

Made Chicken Pad Thai tonight with the miracle noodles. Must say I was pleasantly surprised. I did like most recommended and rinsed under hot water for several minutes then sauteed them for 15 minutes in a dry skillet to remove any excess moisture.

Comment

How has everyone faired through the hurriflood? While those around me were stress eating and partaking of libations, I lived in keto coffee through the whole ordeal. Forgot to eat yesterday and nearly face planted doing flood tear out. We are volunteering again tomorrow and I plan to fuel up on eggs and bacon first. Down a few pounds in the last week.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                              How has everyone faired through the hurriflood? While those around me were stress eating and partaking of libations, I lived in keto coffee through the whole ordeal. Forgot to eat yesterday and nearly face planted doing flood tear out. We are volunteering again tomorrow and I plan to fuel up on eggs and bacon first. Down a few pounds in the last week.

Not too good. Was down to pbj sammich and can foods load d with carbs. Will restart on Monday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Down below 200 from a high of 239. Had to buy new camo pants today.

Comment

Working...
                                X