Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillF_2017 View Post
    Is anyone on a Keto diet to maintain their current weight?

I am. I maintain around 200. I was type 2 diabetic, but am off medicine now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
      I have got a question. I have been on the Keto diet for about 2 weeks and have stalled out. I put in work out routines, walking nearly 10K steps, and have been consuming 1200-1500 calories a day. I lost about 10 pounds in the first week of being on the diet and I think I am in Ketosis. I have more energy, I do not get the sugar rushes and dips in energy any more. I fell as though I am sleeping better at night as well.

What is the deal? 285-175 and that is where I have been for the past 4 or so days continuing my diet and exercise. one caveat to this is I have been taking pre-workout, creatine, BCAA's, and a protein shake after my work outs. All three of those things add up to about 6-8 grams of carbs. Could I just be retaining water from the creatine or am I doing something wrong?

You need to eat more calories. 200 lb man needs at least 1800 a day, otherwise but goes into starvation mode. If you have Facebook, join Ketogenic Success. Very helpful

Comment

I have got a question. I have been on the Keto diet for about 2 weeks and have stalled out. I put in work out routines, walking nearly 10K steps, and have been consuming 1200-1500 calories a day. I lost about 10 pounds in the first week of being on the diet and I think I am in Ketosis. I have more energy, I do not get the sugar rushes and dips in energy any more. I fell as though I am sleeping better at night as well.

What is the deal? 285-175 and that is where I have been for the past 4 or so days continuing my diet and exercise. one caveat to this is I have been taking pre-workout, creatine, BCAA's, and a protein shake after my work outs. All three of those things add up to about 6-8 grams of carbs. Could I just be retaining water from the creatine or am I doing something wrong?
        I am certainly not an expert nor did I stay at a holiday in express so take my word or experiance for what it is... I hit a stall after about two weeks as well. I personally realized I was eating more than my body needed and cut back a bit. After about a week the weiight/fat started coming off again. Not sure if it was the extra food or just the body adjusting to the changes in eating habits. I am now to the point where I can eat a cheat meal and not be knocked out of ketosis... I am at a point where I am more worried about maintaining ketosis to keep energy lat a steady level over loosing weight. Just stick to it and you will be fine...

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

You need to eat more calories. 200 lb man needs at least 1800 a day, otherwise body goes into starvation mode. Also kill the protein shake. Creatine should not affect it unless it is full of sugars. If you have Facebook, join Ketogenic Success. Very helpful

Last edited by bps3040; 08-18-2017, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
            I am. I maintain around 200. I was type 2 diabetic, but am off medicine now

Awesome and congrats on dropping the meds...most meds do a lot of harm to the body in the form of side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
              You need to eat more calories. 200 lb man needs at least 1800 a day, otherwise body goes into starvation mode. Also kill the protein shake. Creatine should not affect it unless it is full of sugars. If you have Facebook, join Ketogenic Success. Very helpful

that is the thing though I am not hungry all the time like I used to be. I used to eat because I was bored, now I find myself forcing myself to eat. Also why kill the protein shake? it has 24 grams of protein, 120 calories, 3 grams of carbs, and I mix it with almond milk (I am lactose intolerant) so the carbs are pretty low there. I also eat till I am full I have just been eating a lot of healthy things like salad, veggies, chicken, and fish.

Comment

Don't worry about it for now, just keep doing what you're doing. Everyone hits stalls and that 10# was mostly water weight, so don't expect to drop at that rate on a normal basis. A lot of people get discouraged when they hit a stall and use it as justification to cheat(I've done it), but stick to the plan and it will work out.

Comment

Stalled at 238 last few days...last night supper was definitely not on the Keto menu.

Weekends are hard for me, ready for school to start to get momma and kiddos on the move. That should really help with meal planning and prep.

Tell you what. The keto headache is real...

Comment

I don't know if it is all in my head or if it really does work...but I am down 53 pounds in 15 weeks and have about 30 pounds to go. I have stalled 3 times in those 15 weeks. When my weight didn't change for 5 - 7 days, I went out and ate the biggest, nastiest, cheat meal I could handle then went right back on the diet and the weight started coming back off. Again, it may have been all in my head, but it has happened 3 times now.

Comment

I don't know if it is all in my head or if it really does work...but I am down 53 pounds in 15 weeks and have about 30 pounds to go. I have stalled 3 times in those 15 weeks. When my weight didn't change for 5 - 7 days, I went out and ate the biggest, nastiest, cheat meal I could handle then went right back on the diet and the weight started coming back off. Again, it may have been all in my head, but it has happened 3 times now.
                      I might have to try that. I have read that most body builders do this. Now they are a different breed of dieting and workout but it may help. I am going to give it about another week or two before I try that just to make sure.

Comment

I ended up having a huge cheat meal on Monday night after being stalled for a week. I knew better than to weigh the next morning and actually didn't step on the scale until today. Also just survived a short business trip where I successfully stayed keto. Scale showed movement this morning and I'm about to go for a nice lunchtime run so I expect to get moving again. Only 46lbs to go

Comment

I'm to a place after loosing 25 lbs. I now am loosing 2 lbs a week. Feeling much better. Plenty of energy now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

that is the thing though I am not hungry all the time like I used to be. I used to eat because I was bored, now I find myself forcing myself to eat. Also why kill the protein shake? it has 24 grams of protein, 120 calories, 3 grams of carbs, and I mix it with almond milk (I am lactose intolerant) so the carbs are pretty low there. I also eat till I am full I have just been eating a lot of healthy things like salad, veggies, chicken, and fish.

Yep, I understand. Problem is if you do force yourself to eat around 2000 calories, your body goes into starvation mode. Burns muscle, not fat. Go to to keto genic success. They have info. About it. I would stall also, ate over 2000, I would lose weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4 days is not stalling out lol after a few weeks at the same weight u can fast

Comment

(:

Comment

Working...
                                X